Talk

Advanced search

to (re)introduce myself?

(18 Posts)
yolofish Wed 12-Nov-14 13:15:04

I posted on MN a little bit reasonably recently, under a different name. due to various computer malfunctions, its taken me a while to get a new name and password etc.

I know people NC all the time, but it just feels a bit rude to plunge into posting - but on the other hand arrogant to think anyone might remember me?! FWIW dont think I offended anyone...!

ScarletFever Wed 12-Nov-14 13:19:22

" new name " /snip "anyone might remember me?!

well, how are they meant to know if they remember you when they only have your new (or old) name?

LadyLuck10 Wed 12-Nov-14 13:19:56

Well that cryptic post clears it up then grin

yolofish Wed 12-Nov-14 13:25:40

ok well I used to be boschy (cant remember if capital B or not); wasnt trying to be cryptic just reasonably polite.

ticktactoegivemeago Wed 12-Nov-14 13:26:06

How does it feel rude to plunge into posting? I've been on MN nearly 8 years and NC all the time so nobody would even think I'm a regular but I don't feel rude.

This is very attention seeking.

LadyLuck10 Wed 12-Nov-14 13:27:43

If people had to reintroduce every time a nc happened then this board would be spammed.

Winterbells Wed 12-Nov-14 13:28:20

Yabu.

It's pointless. If every new or recently returned poster (re)introduced themselves the site would be overrun. I don't really pay attention to usernames, I don't care if someone is new or has lurked for a long time etc. just post. If it is somehow relevant to a post you could mention your name change in a reply but it's silly to have a whole thread dedicated to it.

BitchesGetStuffDone Wed 12-Nov-14 13:29:06

Why are you so special that you need to introduce yourself? No one else does. It's pointless.

PausingFlatly Wed 12-Nov-14 13:31:47

Oh I remember Boschy! Er, can't remember anything about you though!

Welcome back! Did you know we now have cake?!
(And a tardis )

PausingFlatly Wed 12-Nov-14 13:32:18

As you can see, however, AIBU hasn't changed much... wink

fluffyraggies Wed 12-Nov-14 13:34:58

I don't think you have to be all that polite on here OP grin

There are literally thousands of posters here on MN and thousands more lurkers/one off posters. Relax. Enjoy the anonymity.

I've been on MN for about 5 years and really only recognise a very few familiar names. And they are those that post every day on most threads.

ScarletFever Wed 12-Nov-14 13:37:05

"I don't think you have to be all that polite on here OP "

lol!! most people like it here because you dont have to be so polite - its a really refreshing change from the faux politeness/reporting to mods for bans of places like digital spy

BitterHoneyGreenNight Wed 12-Nov-14 13:39:28

YABU

MN has literally thousands if registered users. If we all felt the need to introduce ourselves after a period away/name change it would just clog up the boards. And for what? I relish the anonymity of MN and NC every few weeks. Very few people 'know' each other.

VanitasVanitatum Wed 12-Nov-14 13:41:55

"FWIW I don't think I offended anyone" seems like you can now cross this out OP wink

Mel0Drama Wed 12-Nov-14 13:45:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

yolofish Wed 12-Nov-14 13:46:33

ok I now consider myself told and hope evryone will allow this to drop out of sight!!

Firbolg Wed 12-Nov-14 13:47:20

I change my name about once a fortnight, more often if I think of it.

MiddletonPink Wed 12-Nov-14 14:00:16

As you can see OP this place is full of rude fuckers.
No need to introduce yourself.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now