Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to think think a complaint shouldn't take more than 2.5 years

(3 Posts)
PurplePunkPrincess Wed 12-Nov-14 12:33:00

Tax credit appeal and complaint. Stopped my claim after providing all the evidence requested to prove I was a single parent. After their errors in reading dates my claim was stopped.

2.5 years later, 3 complaints and a letter from my MP they can't give me any information and I can't complain to an independent adjudicator because they haven't replied (only to acknowledge receipt of letter) to the second tier stage of the complaint.

They also sent the information I had requested to my old address 6 months after I had moved and had received other stuff from them at new address.

Posting here for traffic ( sorry!)

SilverDragonfly1 Wed 12-Nov-14 14:14:45

Not at all, but I can imagine mine taking that long! I'm disputing an overpayment but they won't let me appeal because they say it's outside the deadline. I say it's not according to their own black and white guidance. I was planning to just agree to pay on the understanding that if I am found to be correct in my interpretation the money is refunded... but after their last letter which only addressed half my points- none of the important legal ones!- and was generally rubbish with several typos, I thought sod it- I'm going to the upper tribunal now. Been going for about a year now.

SilverDragonfly1 Wed 12-Nov-14 14:17:19

One typo is a date btw, which if it were correct (ie, if the typo was true) would scupper their entire case! Planning to have fun with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now