Talk

Advanced search

to think im an idiot haha

(6 Posts)
mumma1234 Wed 12-Nov-14 08:39:34

Ok, as you know or seen my last couple of posts (if you haven't, here's a brief description)y little girl is three years old now, but with my anxiety I have been fussing and worrying over everything in the past such as when she were five months old I shakes her pram aide to side for two seconds due to lack of sleep etc etc.

Its been constantly worrying me that I may have caused her shaken baby syndrome, to point I'm thinking back to see if she was any different.

Anyhow to get to the point of this post .... I've just researched and read that shaken baby syndrome is caused by actually physically holding the baby by arms, legs, chest etc and shaking . Letting its head go back and forth very fast.

There is NOTHING on the research to say shaken baby syndrome can be caused by shaking a pram hard for a couple of seconds.
I known friends, family and people on here reassured me and tried to pit my mind at ease.

But I now feel I can put this anxiety behind me, carry on been happy on life and realise my daughter is happy and healthy.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and to those that have supported me through this horrible fortnight

mumma1234 Wed 12-Nov-14 08:42:55

And to add to my post ... I realise just how much of a idiot I am for worrying over something small for soooo long.

Life is on the up and I am getting help from Dr for my anxiety too x

BastardGoDarkly Wed 12-Nov-14 08:45:35

Ok, well if you now realise this worry was unfounded, and you're getting help, you're nearly there! Glad you're feeling better smile

mumma1234 Wed 12-Nov-14 08:55:26

Thank you. Its taken a long time to get to where I am.now. But I am a lot happier x

mommy2ash Wed 12-Nov-14 09:01:07

im glad you are getting help. You aren't an idiot at all but your anxiety had a hold over you.

mumma1234 Wed 12-Nov-14 09:19:06

It definitely did have a hold of me

Never going back to that dark place i were at two weeks ago

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now