Talk

Advanced search

aibu to find new kfc advert offensive

(10 Posts)
geezerhere Tue 11-Nov-14 21:56:46

Or am i being over sensitive? Guy pursues a lady over time on a bus. Finally 'gets' her. It is an advert for new burger called 'pulled chicken'.

OraProNobis Tue 11-Nov-14 22:00:35

I haven't seen it but it is my small but considered opinion that there are many many more offensive things to be getting het up about. Do you eat there much? Are you target demographic? I ask because to me everything about KFC is vile so I don't have anything to do with them, their shops, their products or their advertising.

26Point2Miles Tue 11-Nov-14 22:02:54

A pulled chicken burger is the offensive bit! Yuk

avocadotoast Tue 11-Nov-14 22:05:50

It is a vomit inducing advert but I'd be more worried about KFC's terrible animal rights record tbh. Although I have eaten there recently... So I can't really talk!

manicinsomniac Tue 11-Nov-14 22:13:57

can't see the problem. Many relationships only happen because one pursues the other until they give in and realise they do like the pursuer!

Unless by 'get' you mean he gets her by force?! shock But I can't imagine that being allowed on tv.

IceBeing Wed 12-Nov-14 00:49:00

ahhh women not so much as independent human beings but more as a non-sentient prize to be won.

Nice.

But yeah feminism is soooo last century.....

GoodboyBindleFeatherstone Wed 12-Nov-14 00:53:58

He didn't pursue her though... he was trying to pluck (geddit?) up the courage to talk to her!

Why do you have to assume the bloke is being predatory?

The burger looks vile though.

JackSkellington Wed 12-Nov-14 13:39:15

The advert doesn't sound offensive, but KFC's bad animal rights records and lack of hygiene standards put me off them.

Topaz25 Wed 12-Nov-14 14:51:14

The joke seems to be that he pulls a "bird" in an advert for a pulled chicken burger, a play on words. I can see how that is offensive because it essentially compares a woman to a piece of meat! I am also more concerned about KFCs animal rights issues though.

stiltonandmerlot Wed 12-Nov-14 14:57:36

Er.... i honestly think you're looking too deeply into this ad for meaning (there is very very little meaning in an ad for a burger!) It's hardly John Lewis. I think the 'pulled chicken' has nothing to do with the love story bit of the ad. I cant remember it clearly but I think / guess the tag line is something like "it takes time to get it right" something about TIME.
If the ad is from America I don't even think they use 'pulled' in the same way we do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now