Talk

Advanced search

To make other plans

(3 Posts)
ZivaMcGee Tue 11-Nov-14 12:11:25

I have to travel to a bigger city for an event in a few days time. I can't get there early enough and wouldn't be home till gone 11 so I've decided to stay the night before and that night.

Over a month ago I emailed a friend who lives there about meeting up on one of the days (last I heard they didn't have a phone). I didn't get a response and sent them a message on social media to check (as newly married and their email was their name) if they'd got it or had they changed their name/email? They said yes and hadn't they replied but they did want to meet up.
Since then I've sent two more emails - one firming up when I'll be there and where as that became clearer to me and one saying if I didn't hear from them by X I'd make other plans.

I got a message back saying they have no time to reply but do want to meet up and would email me yesterday.

Nothing.

I want to see my friend but if they can't come I want to do something else in the city for which I'd need to book a ticket.

WWYD?

Comito Tue 11-Nov-14 12:13:13

Make other plans.

You've given them enough opportunity.

YeGodsAndLittleFishes Tue 11-Nov-14 12:16:17

Make other plans. Let them know what your plans are so your friend can buy her own ticket and join you, or spot a gap in your schedule and meet you for coffee/lunch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now