Talk

Advanced search

to not send pictures of my ds to people who don't ask for them

(15 Posts)
19goingon90 Mon 10-Nov-14 20:35:37

I find myself always sending updates of my ds(4 moths) without his grandparents asking then half the time i don't get a reply.
I understand their life isn't going to revolve around him but i would have thought they would at least ask for an update every few weeks.

I have said i don't want to send them anything unless they ask but oh said this is unfair.

WWYD?

Coolas Mon 10-Nov-14 20:39:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Vitalstatistix Mon 10-Nov-14 20:41:22

Yes, your partner is I assume perfectly capable of sending updates if they so choose?

ApocalypseThen Mon 10-Nov-14 20:41:38

I don't know. I'd love more pictures of my nephews but I hate badgering my brothers for them so I don't really ask. I'd definitely acknowledge ones sent but I'm not sure my mam would think to do it when she gets them, although I know she treasures them.

19goingon90 Mon 10-Nov-14 20:43:03

he doesn't have a phone so no he can't haha.

I just find myself getting more and more wound up about the fact they never ask how their first grandson is doing :/

Thebodynowchillingsothere Mon 10-Nov-14 20:43:33

Yep get your OH to sort it out.

pippinleaf Mon 10-Nov-14 20:46:31

Who decided they needed such regular updates? Maybe just send Christmas/ birthday updates? If they're not bothered then I don't see why you're bothering.

Vitalstatistix Mon 10-Nov-14 20:49:03

he can always use yours if it is that important to him.

Or phone them.

Or if they have internet, email them.

If it matters to him, he'll find a way. He's a big boy. grin

Leeds2 Mon 10-Nov-14 21:00:53

I wouldn't bother.

If they want updates, they will presumably ask. Do they see their grandson?

19goingon90 Mon 10-Nov-14 21:09:06

Nope they've only seen him twice since he was born but act so devoted on fb and to other family members. Think I'm just going to stop sending the updates, they've fobbed me off my whole life just don't want the same for my lb

Firbolg Mon 10-Nov-14 21:13:57

All four of my toddler's grandparents live outside the UK, and it has never occurred to me to send them photographic 'updates' at any point in his life. It's no reflection on their devotion in our case.

You could use Instagram and get them to join too, and that way they would be able to see any photos taken with Instagram that you wanted to share, without having to go to any extra trouble...?

19goingon90 Mon 10-Nov-14 21:20:12

It's not just the photos they don't reply to. I think it's just the fact they never ask how he is

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Mon 10-Nov-14 21:22:12

What Fir said. I don';t and never have sent regular updates....certainly not every two weeks!

I send pics of major events.

19goingon90 Mon 10-Nov-14 21:31:12

Suppose I'm still excited about being a mam and want to show him off as he's only 4 months. Well i won't be sending any more haha

Coolas Mon 10-Nov-14 21:35:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now