Talk

Advanced search

... to ask if MN has a grumpy 'old' women topic?

(405 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Pipbin Mon 10-Nov-14 17:08:35

I know there is pedants corner but I was wondering if there was anywhere where like minded people who want to complain about words like amazeballs, and other grumpy things can go and be grumpy without being told to get a life?

CheeseEqualsHappiness Mon 10-Nov-14 17:09:34

Ha ha yes we need one if it doesn't exist! Do you remember the tv show? Loved it!

Pipbin Mon 10-Nov-14 17:13:26

Yes, and as I've got older I agree with more and more of it. We do need a grumpy corner.

DeliciousDevil Mon 10-Nov-14 17:18:11

I'm in. Back in the day, when the fields were green etc etc that's what is liked about AIBU. Not so much now.

So can I grumble about the Christmas ads? I've got used to Xmas shopping in August, but surely surely the TV advertising didn't used to start on bonfire night?

Myearhurts Mon 10-Nov-14 17:19:18

Can I ask what the cut of age is? I'm in my 30s but I was born grumpy. Can I join?

Pipbin Mon 10-Nov-14 17:19:34

It's proper full on Christmas now isn't it, not even being coy about it.
Perfume adverts can fuck off, smug gits.

Pipbin Mon 10-Nov-14 17:19:59

Well this is why a say 'old', just grumpy will do.

JingleSpud Mon 10-Nov-14 17:21:45

yes its called AIBU

Pipbin Mon 10-Nov-14 17:25:22

But this is the problem Jingle a perfectly ordinary thread about people using words like upcycle turns into a 'you are a bunch of cunts' thread.
I want to be able to complain about things like that without being told to get out more.
What we need is an AIBU where everyone agrees that the OP is being perfectly reasonable, and can join in with a 'and what's more........' or 'and another thing......'

If fact thats what I think it should be called, 'and another thing.........', then its not just women or old women.

BrendaBlackhead Mon 10-Nov-14 17:25:35

But we want to be grumpy in peace , and in AIBU there are people who might have the temerity to tell us we're actually unreasonable.

Yes to the Christmas before Bonfire Night. I am just not feeling festive yet. Surely one can only start thinking about Christmas when I'm a Celebrity begins and you can see who's advertising Iceland this year? Who will join Peter Andre?

Floisme Mon 10-Nov-14 17:26:26

Please can I join? At least until the party season is over.

Pipbin Mon 10-Nov-14 17:29:39

I'm not asking if I'm being unreasonable, I am. It's everyone else who is being unreasonable.

goodelfall Mon 10-Nov-14 17:39:27

Don't get me bloody started....

Floisme Mon 10-Nov-14 17:40:24

Just read the up-cycling thread. Good Lord.

ginslinger Mon 10-Nov-14 17:42:56

I'm in

AGnu Mon 10-Nov-14 17:44:16

I like the sound of this. It'll be, like, totes amazeballs! Did I do that right?! wink

BeyondPreparedForHell Mon 10-Nov-14 17:47:08

Grump section sounds brilliant to me!

Grumpyoldblonde Mon 10-Nov-14 17:53:59

I am in!

Poopooplop Mon 10-Nov-14 17:55:56

I'm totes in! (but I still like the word twat, it's that ok?)

pigsDOfly Mon 10-Nov-14 17:58:17

Ooh yes. I love a good grump.

MehsMum Mon 10-Nov-14 18:00:09

Is there space for not-too-old grumpy pedants?
If so, here's one!

Amrapaali Mon 10-Nov-14 18:01:17

aaah...!! my spiritual home. <wipes away a tear>

Budge up y'all, completely irrational and grumpy woman comin' through...

I am furious about teensy-tiny parking spaces where you have to execute a 9-point turn to get anywhere. Why don't they make them all a one-way system and do angled parking spaces? Bunch of idiots...

flymetotheprune Mon 10-Nov-14 18:04:01

<<applauds Pipbin>>

Sits down and gets comfy

Can we have a [grumpy] emoticon?

CuttedUpPear Mon 10-Nov-14 18:06:24

I'm in.

49 next week sad

I'd like it to be called 'And Another Thing...'

Pipbin Mon 10-Nov-14 18:06:48

Proper actual real swear words are allowed, like twat and cunt. (I also like twunt)

The thing is that unlike AIBU, I give not a shit what any one thinks.
When someone posts on AIBU they are canvassing opinion, when you post on Grumpy its going to be agree or fuck off.
So if someone starts a thread entitled 'Peter Andre is a twat' or 'I don't like the John Lewis ad' don't join in if you love the things the thread are about.
However, if you would like a good old moan about the subject then knock yourself out.
It's not a forum for discussion, just agreement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now