Talk

Advanced search

to think (the wine has made me brave) that Xfactor...

(53 Posts)
ouchLegohurts Sat 08-Nov-14 22:25:50

...is the easiest way to split society into the intelligent and the easily deluded?
I cannot understand how people are duped by such FAKE and contrived shit, ay this stage!

ouchLegohurts Sat 08-Nov-14 22:26:33

At this stage, soory

ouchLegohurts Sat 08-Nov-14 22:27:24

Arrrrgh, SORRY!

seasalt Sat 08-Nov-14 22:39:25

I think everyone knows the score by now but watch it for the entertainment. There's nothing else on anyway! Don't know why people take it so seriously smile just because someone watches it doesn't mean they are thick!

Janethegirl Sat 08-Nov-14 22:43:25

Just means I can't be arsed arguing with DH who wants to want itgrin

GingerSkin Sat 08-Nov-14 22:46:16

By being duped you are implying that by watching it means I'm thick? confused

I better reeducate myself by going back to uni for the 3rd time after my Ba and Masters.

It's just entertainment and a few people get to play out their dream of singing for 3 months.

If you don't like it, turn it off.

usualsuspect333 Sat 08-Nov-14 22:49:45

I don't think anyone is being duped.

ssd Sat 08-Nov-14 22:51:54

op why did you need wine to write that confused, hardly earth shattering

Glittery7 Sat 08-Nov-14 22:53:10

I can't understand how anyone can watch it year after year.
It's just shit.

beavington Sat 08-Nov-14 22:58:03

I dont understand what is entertaining about it. It really annoys the shite out of me tbh and cant wait for it and simon cowell to fuck off once and for all.

usualsuspect333 Sat 08-Nov-14 22:58:19

Nowt wrong with a bit of shit telly on a Saturday evening.

pieceofpurplesky Sat 08-Nov-14 23:04:12

OP everybody has their own form of escapism. I despise soaps and cannot for the life if me think why people watch them. I dislike any show with so called celebrities in the. (Dancing, jungle etc.). I despise the TOWIE/Chelsea stuff - yet love Geordie Shore and the X Factor. Do I think people should be split in to intelligent and deluded? No, I am not too far up my own backside to realise that we all have our own way of escaping in a Saturday night ... I would never judge someone as being less intellectual because they watch a different TV show .... As a matter of fact I am more likely to judge a judgemental person as less intelligent .....

WorraLiberty Sat 08-Nov-14 23:05:46

I stop watching it after the auditions

It doesn't really interest me but I can never understand people who say they don't understand people watching certain programmes/eating junk food/liking a certain type of music/playing games consoles etc 'because it's shit'.

Surely you can't be so closed minded that you don't understand everyone has different tastes?

One person's shit is another person's pleasure (yes, that sounds wrong but you know what I mean! grin )

I hate judgemental crap about other people's tastes.

WhereHas1999DissappearedToo Sat 08-Nov-14 23:06:06

It's an awful programme now, so fixed and scripted. I use to enjoy it but I gave up after Dannii Minogue left. The only judge who i thought had any intelligence.

usualsuspect333 Sat 08-Nov-14 23:07:35

I hate Telly snobs.

WorraLiberty Sat 08-Nov-14 23:08:52

X posted with pieceofpurplesky who said it so much better than me.

People can still watch X Factor on a Saturday night and read the complete works of Shakespeare when it's finished.

Or they can do just one of those things. Either way our choice in entertainment doesn't define us as people.

It's just a tiny part of a much wider picture.

FrancesNiadova Sat 08-Nov-14 23:15:16

I've never watched it; not one episode. It's just not the sort of thing that floats my boat! (Neither is the voice, celebrities in the jungle or people in a house).
I do love Bake Off, Sewing Bee, Strictly & Dancing on Ice, (sadly no more, although 1 more re-hash of Bolero would have sent me over the edge!)
We are all unique, without exception, I suppose!

pieceofpurplesky Sat 08-Nov-14 23:16:04

Thanks liberty.

tak1ngchances Sat 08-Nov-14 23:19:29

Perhaps I am intelligent and easily deluded. grin
Just watched it with my friend who has a PhD from Cambridge and two city lawyers. Oh I and have a double first degree.
Effing love X Factor.

ImGoingForATwix Sat 08-Nov-14 23:21:38

I watch X factor knowing it's contrived shit and I enjoy moaning how contrived and shit it is throughout.

ImGoingForATwix Sat 08-Nov-14 23:25:01

shock At earlier post saying Dannii Minogue is intelligent. Errr... She got the job for shagging Cowell. It's in his book. I bet Mel, Louis and Cheryl have all been there too.
Not Gary Barlow though. Possibly why he left as he didn't want to play hide the sausage with Cowell.

WorraLiberty Sat 08-Nov-14 23:25:36

Yeah but you eat Twix so there!! grin

OraProNobis Sat 08-Nov-14 23:25:40

I do not understand the telly snobs who clutch at their pearls because some people want to/enjoy watching eye-candy telly. Everything doesn't have to be Sky Arts or The Very Serious Channel For People With Humungous Brains Who Can't Abide Frippery. I simply couldn't give a mouse sized shit what anyone else watches and I do not understand people who do!

Redcoats Sat 08-Nov-14 23:29:39

I can't stand it. I want to throw things at the telly when I see that smug twat.
Strictly all the way for me.

And I'm no telly snob or thick.

OP, how do you know its fake and contrived? Have you been watching it? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now