Talk

Advanced search

Regarding contestants murdering Queen songs on the X Factor tonight?!

(30 Posts)
HangingBasketCase Sat 08-Nov-14 20:27:14

Jesus Christ please make it stop now! The talent on this series is rubbish enough without having to listen to the memory of Freddie being bastardised. Maybe it's just me, but I find that Queen songs are uncoverable anyway, no one else can do them justice.

Fuck you Simon Cowell!

missbishi Sat 08-Nov-14 20:49:30

I can't bear hearing other people do Queen either. Even Queen themselves with the new guy - it does feel like an insult to Freddie! Can't stand anyone else singing Amy Winehouse either.

Janethegirl Sat 08-Nov-14 20:51:01

I agree, tonight's not too good so far although the 17 year old girl was ok.

Doilooklikeatourist Sat 08-Nov-14 20:51:37

It's awful
They're all awful
I hate it
My DH likes it
Should I LTB ?

Pollyteacakes Sat 08-Nov-14 20:53:14

Totally agree, every songs been murdered tonight. Freddy Mercury will have been turning in his grave.

Mozzereena Sat 08-Nov-14 20:54:57

You need to drink something much, much stronger. And you need to drink more of it to make the pain go away.

BathshebaDarkstone Sat 08-Nov-14 20:55:04

I don't watch the X Factor, I love Queen and quite liked the Happy Feet version of Somebody to Love, and Under Pressure. blushAre they truly awful? sad

cupofsneeze Sat 08-Nov-14 20:59:25

Its that bad, I switched over to watch the history programme on channel 4!

Doilooklikeatourist Sat 08-Nov-14 21:00:09

Worse than truly awful
Absolutely completely frightfully awful

BathshebaDarkstone Sat 08-Nov-14 21:18:52

I'm very glad I don't watch it, I'd probably throw something at the telly. grin

NoMoreMissusNiceGuy Sat 08-Nov-14 21:19:28

I have vodka.
I have sung loudly over the top of the Queen efforts grin
I am much better.
wine Cheers!

bellarations Sat 08-Nov-14 21:33:19

Bloody hell it's nowhere near as bad as last weeks!
I thought it was a family show, bloody sucking vampires was not something I wantd to explain to my 5 year old! Gross and wrong, just wrong.

Janethegirl Sat 08-Nov-14 21:33:54

I liked Andrea, however dh thinks I'm tone deaf smile

bellarations Sat 08-Nov-14 21:34:07

Blood sucking , not bloody sucking

slithytove Sat 08-Nov-14 21:39:29

do come and share the bile with us

fatlazymummy Sat 08-Nov-14 22:01:23

What do you mean, make it stop? Just switch it off if you don't like it.

WhizzpopWhizzBang Sat 08-Nov-14 22:11:48

This is one of the reasons I stopped watching X Factor a few years ago. The main reason being bloody Lois Walsh being bloody useless and treating it all as a joke putting through crap acts
The amount of poor covers. It's just karaoke on TV, isn't it?!
I'm glad I don't watch it any more if they're murdering Queen songs - I'd be feeling the rage!! grin

Andrewofgg Sat 08-Nov-14 22:15:25

Has your goggle-box not got an off-switch?

HangingBasketCase Sun 09-Nov-14 09:50:45

I did switch off in the end. I think seeing that utter dickrash Stevi attempting to do Bohemian Rhapsody was the final straw, that and the obviously set up "stage invasion". Why do we watch this shit? Thank god for the more fun Strictly!

Galaxymum Sun 09-Nov-14 10:00:59

Aaargh it was awful. Really dreadful. The contestants are all dreadful this year - no, actually I can enjoy Only The Young because they don't pretend to be something they're not. They know they are another Steps/S Club 7 and enjoy themselves.

Don't Stop Me Now was murdered last night - it's one of my favourite songs.

MandarinCheesecake Sun 09-Nov-14 10:38:21

This is the reason why I stopped watching x factor after week 1, Its rather painful to watch.
I don't believe public voting counts for anything and it's all a big farce now!

fatlazymummy Sun 09-Nov-14 11:44:15

I don't watch 'this shit' either, I haven't watched it since the 1st series when it became obvious what it was about.
Even if it was a genuine talent contest (it isn't) the talent pool is too small in this country to sustain annual series.
Regarding Queen covers, I personally like Adam Lambert (from American Idol) I think he does a good job. He is the exception though.

MissBattleaxe Sun 09-Nov-14 12:02:12

I haven't watched this series but I tuned in randomly to see Stevi murder Bohemian Rhapsody and couldn't believe how bad it was. It was mediocre Karaoke with a massively overproduced stage show superimposed over the top. It was a clashing, clanging noise and I commented to DH how bloody awful it was.

Imagine my disbelief then when Simon Cowell said it was the best performance of the series. Anyone could sound like that with enough backing dancers and backing tracks and a big light show.

It made me realise how right I was to never watch it again.

Cowell's flogging a dead horse and it's only good for playing cliche bingo now.

HangingBasketCase Sun 09-Nov-14 12:10:32

The thing about Cowell is that he used to quite happily tell someone if they were rubbish, it was refreshing at the time. I remember his genuine anger and disbelief when the other judges chose to put Chico, a joke act, through. Now here he is singing the praises of a joke act. Maybe he's gone soft in his old age or something, but I prefered the old brutally honest Simon.

Clawdy Sun 09-Nov-14 12:24:42

All the panel seem to be full of praise for the whole bunch. Think it must be their way of dealing with the fact that the contestants are the worst lot we've ever had,and everyone is saying so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now