Talk

Advanced search

to expect Mamas and Papas to send another Armadillo Flip (pram)?

(23 Posts)
MrsDutchie Sat 08-Nov-14 08:26:52

DH and I were super excited about buying the new Mamas and Papas pram for DD to be born in Nov/Dec. Both our sets of parents clubbed together £550 for the pram and carry it which is a substantial amount for both our families but they wanted to buy something special for us. We don't have much money, with only me working and going on mat. Allowance next month.

anyway, we are emailed by Yodel, the delivery company that our package will be delivered on 6/7/2014. I'm at work and DH at uni so we think nothing of it as it can be picked up by one of the neighbours or dropped off at post office.

when we came back home, there was no delivery notification through the door. I checked the online tracking and Yodel says it has been delivered. Checked with neighbours - no sign of the delivery. Rang Mamas and Papas who said it had been delivered but will look into it for me. I have since heard nothing from them and their customer service is closed for the weekend.

concerned as neighbour lost a laptop that was 'delivered' earlier this year. AIBU to think it's been stolen and that Mamas and Papas and Yodel have been really careless with an expensive delivery? We can't afford to buy another one nor have we got the time before DD comes to get involved in a discussion about it - we need the pram now!!! Surely they should offer to send another one?

WobbilyFang Sat 08-Nov-14 08:31:36

Yodel are notoriously crap. Keep on at them and mamas and papas.

2minsofyourtime Sat 08-Nov-14 10:33:42

So you reported that it was missing in July and haven't done anything since.

Whilst you shouldn't have to chase then, I think it's strange you gave left but so long

MrsDutchie Sat 08-Nov-14 10:42:53

Whoops it was meant to read 6/11/2014.

bauhausfan Sat 08-Nov-14 10:44:52

Yes - keep on at them. Go and see the Citizen's Advice Bureau too re your consumer rights. I had something go missing a long time ago and the company replaced it immediately.

AWombWithoutAFoof Sat 08-Nov-14 10:46:32

Who are yodel saying signed for it?

2minsofyourtime Sat 08-Nov-14 10:46:52

Ring again, yes they should re send

henrysmate Sat 08-Nov-14 10:48:02

I'm surprised that for a £550 investment you couldn't be bothered to either pay for a signed for delivery or wait in for a day, or chase it between July and now.
And I don't see why Mamas & Papas should pay for a new one for you either, YABU.

Sirzy Sat 08-Nov-14 10:50:16

Surely it was sent signed for so I would see who yodel have had as signed for it

AWombWithoutAFoof Sat 08-Nov-14 10:50:25

Have you checked your garden? Yodel have form for hoofing things over walls etc.

differentnameforthis Sat 08-Nov-14 10:54:11

henrysmate if you read all of ops posts, you would see that she corrected the date to 6/11

fairgame Sat 08-Nov-14 10:57:10

Yodel can be terrible. They supposedly 'delivered' some books to me but they never arrived. The retailer sent me the books again and yodel delivered both parcels of books on the same day. No idea why they said the first pack was delivered when it wasn't hmm
Your pram might be sat in their warehouse i would give yodel a call and find out who has supposed to have signed for it and whether it could have been returned by the driver instead.

AnythingNotEverything Sat 08-Nov-14 10:57:53

The responsibility for the item lies with the retailer until it is in the hands of the purchaser. It is M&P's responsibility to ensure safe delivery, not the OP.

They have to resend. I've found more success via their twitter than other channels of communication.

PurpleSwift Sat 08-Nov-14 10:58:14

It's only been 2 days, I wouldn't worry yet. You haven't signed for it so it's either down to mamas and papas or yodel. If phone again

PurpleSwift Sat 08-Nov-14 10:58:48

I'd* phone again. Also contact them on twitter

greenfolder Sat 08-Nov-14 10:59:33

a friend of mine had very similar. luckily paid for by credit card so she bypassed the whole thing and got a refund by visa. yodel are terrible.

henrysmate Sat 08-Nov-14 11:00:37

Thanks for the correction different, I'd missed that, that will help Yodel chase this down for sure, this is their problem. I still don't think Mamas & Papas should be expected to send another one to the OP.

Stealthpolarbear Sat 08-Nov-14 11:04:38

Really?
I'd expect them to replace and then use whatever contract they have with yodel to recover the costs
It's their responsibility to deliver to op. If they chose to subcontract this then fine but that's not the op's problem

henrysmate Sat 08-Nov-14 11:12:34

It's pretty standard for companies to subcontract delivery, almost all do. So M&P handed over a parcel to Yodel, Yodel have to prove that the delivery they have presumably been paid for has been completed. I think the problem is theirs to solve, not M&P's.
This said, M&P might choose, for the sake of good public relations, to solve the problem and take it up with Yodel. But if it were me, I'd be pressing Yodel to fix this.

Stealthpolarbear Sat 08-Nov-14 11:24:59

I realise it's standard. However op paid money to mamas and papas, her contract is with them. All she should need to do is deal with them and they need to sort it.

AnythingNotEverything Sat 08-Nov-14 11:32:01

Yup - OP's contract is with M&P. Talking to anyone else will complicate matters.

Madcatgirl Sat 08-Nov-14 11:36:16

Yodel are crap. We had a delivery that finally turned up on Thursday despite being paid next day on Friday! Apparently they couldn't find our house, despite having been just the week before and it being on a main a road with a name plaque on the gate!

MrsDutchie Sat 08-Nov-14 19:59:44

Henrysmate - there was no option to specify the date. It's not that we can't be bothered - both of us had to be out of work and our neighbours have been happily taking our baby deliveries for us.

BUT we came back today to find the pram waiting for us. Stress over although it makes me slightly cautious to order pricey products from Mamas and Papas and Yodel in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now