Talk

Advanced search

To think if school ask pupils to take things in relating to a topic they should come home in one piece

(6 Posts)
Ilovehamabeads Fri 07-Nov-14 18:18:17

DD is covering WW1, as are a lot of children i imagine. School asked for any books, photos etc to be taken in. It just so happened that my order arrived from the Book People yesterday, including a set of Horrible Histories books. One related so WW1, so I took the book from the set and let DD take it to school this morning to show her teacher. It has come home this evening with the front cover ripped off entirely after apparently being caught in a desk tray angry My brand new book sad
So I was probably BU to send in something quite so new but surely if they ask for things they should look after them!

Annunziata Fri 07-Nov-14 18:20:45

Was it your DD who tore it then?

It was an accident. The school can't look after everything.

Pipbin Fri 07-Nov-14 18:24:47

Quite, the teacher was most likely busy teaching.

Speaking personally when a child has brought something in then I have asked that they leave it on my desk.
But if your DD has put it in her tray/drawer then sorry, but it is her fault it got damaged.

Ilovehamabeads Fri 07-Nov-14 18:28:31

No it was the class TA who tore it, after putting it in her own desk/tray whatever for safe keeping! Of course it was an accident but it was so new and lovely and now its torn and ugly and doesn't match the others grin

Annunziata Fri 07-Nov-14 18:43:34

Oh that is a pity. You know she will probably be feeling even worse? grin

Never ever ever send anything into school that you like! It seems a sign for it to get damaged!

MrsHathaway Fri 07-Nov-14 18:56:08

I've bought DS that set for Christmas if it's from the Book People. Bargain.

<irrelevant>

When his teacher asks for special things for a particular topic they live in a basket set aside for the purpose.

Sounds like the TA needs to clean out her drawers! <pun intended>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now