Talk

Advanced search

wibu to go to toddler group when i am recovering from d&v myself but kids ok?

(17 Posts)
bedraggledmumoftwo Fri 07-Nov-14 09:39:16

So, i have had the runs for a few days ( no vomiting) but am being vigilant about hygiene and girls are fine.

so now i am stuck at home with a fractious baby and toddler who will hate being stuck in all day. We usually go to a toddler group on a Fri am, but i am wondering whether to skip it just in case. If it was one of the girls i would, but otoh i can hear the ridicule if a grown adult tried to absent themselves from work for 48 hrs! I am better in a sickness way, but too weak from dehydration/exhaustion/ not eating enough for a few days to do anything like go for a walk.

so, would you quarantine yourself if the adult had been ill or just go armed with antibac spray and practice hood hygiene?

bedraggledmumoftwo Fri 07-Nov-14 09:40:21

Good hygiene, obviously

Aeroflotgirl Fri 07-Nov-14 09:41:28

No don't go, best be in tge safe side. Take them out to tge park or a walk so you are not around others.

Aeroflotgirl Fri 07-Nov-14 09:42:34

Why would you want to go out if you are not well. Toddler group is in a confined space and gp ferns can be airborne

WorraLiberty Fri 07-Nov-14 09:43:05

I get what you're saying about work, but it's not work, it's a room full of kids so I would give it a miss.

Plus, if you're too weak to go for a walk, how are you going to get there?

I wouldn't advise driving if you feel like that either.

LittleMissCrankyPants Fri 07-Nov-14 09:43:22

Your kids may be brewing it so may pass it on before symptoms. I wouldn't be happy if we caught it from you if it could have been prevented and it went round our lot, last time we had it 3 of the kids had it twice and dd had the runs for 6 days.

bedraggledmumoftwo Fri 07-Nov-14 09:47:06

Good points. Will give it a miss. Would have driven, don't feel faint in an unable to drive way, just not up to the physical exertion of pushing a double buggy around.

thanks for the input

DinoSnores Fri 07-Nov-14 09:50:27

A grown up should absent themselves from work for 48 hours after diarrhoea or vomiting.

Also antibacterial gel does not work for norovirus. You need proper handwashing fot that.

WorraLiberty Fri 07-Nov-14 09:54:05

Feel better soon thanks

It's awful being stuck in with the kids when you're not well and they're bursting with energy.

I don't know if you have a garden, but if you have maybe pop your coats on and get out there for a bit of fresh air.

Aeroflotgirl Fri 07-Nov-14 09:54:19

Stay in, yiu are still not well yourself. This is how this spreads, why would you want to go if you feel bad. Stick the TV in for today, and rest.

Messingaboutinboats Fri 07-Nov-14 09:57:03

I would stay at home if I were you, you don't want to pass it on. Also, if you are still feeling delicate it may not be completely gone, imagine sharting at toddler group or during the journey blush

WorraLiberty Fri 07-Nov-14 10:02:32

Good point Messingaboutinboats

The OP couldn't even trust a small, sly fart grin

Theorientcalf Fri 07-Nov-14 10:05:56

No you shouldn't go. Same with work, we have a strict 48 hour rule.

Kiffykaffycoffee Fri 07-Nov-14 13:15:49

Yep I would go as long as I didn't think I'd be rushing to the loo.

Mammanat222 Fri 07-Nov-14 13:21:00

Personally I wouldn't go, you don't sound all that recovered if you are feeling too weak for a walk.

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Fri 07-Nov-14 13:27:03

Glad you decided not to go.
You would have felt guilty if one of the other children caught it from you or your girls (if they are about to start with it, its hard to tell) and was very ill with it. You made the right choice.
FWIW, we were not allowed to return to work before we were 48 hours free of D&V symptoms where I worked. I was a nurse on a childrens ward though, so if I went in with it and gave it to another member of staff or a child in my care the whole ward was at risk potentially.
So for us the 48 hour rule was a strict policy!

SquattingNeville Fri 07-Nov-14 14:08:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now