Talk

Advanced search

To feel unsettled about the school yard this morning?

(95 Posts)
CantGiveAnyMore Fri 07-Nov-14 09:17:18

I do have anxiety, and way overthink things!

Normally in the yard in the morning, there are members of staff outside, for about 15 minutes before bell goes, then the teachers all come out and take their class in.

This morning there was no one in the yard at all, and the door wasn't opened until a good 5 minutes after the bell goes. Then only 3 teachers came out. And sent the other children in without their teachers.

The staff who did come out did not look happy!

Both my children's teachers came out, but I still feel very uneasy and unsettled. Am I overeacting or would this make you feel uneasy too?

Candycharm Fri 07-Nov-14 09:21:40

Well someone should really be in the at ground and what is the point in the bell if they don't open the door. Although I don't think I'd be getting that uneasy or unsettled about it, I'm not really sure why you felt this way? If I was there with my child until they went in there is nothing to worry about.

If your that worried you should probably go into the office and ask why there is nobody in the playground and why the bell goes and there is a five minute wait for them to go in. Parents who work must find that incredibly annoying when they need to rush off.

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Fri 07-Nov-14 09:24:31

Sounds like the teachers may have received some bad news this morning.

MissPenelopeLumawoo2 Fri 07-Nov-14 09:26:07

Sounds like it was an emergency staff meeting or something. It is not ideal to have no supervision but as you say they normally have someone out there then it is hopefully a one off. I would wait and see if it happens again on Monday, they perhaps make enquiries as to why it has changed.

blackcats73 Fri 07-Nov-14 09:28:38

Ofsted ?

TheCowThatLaughs Fri 07-Nov-14 09:30:07

It would make me feel a bit uneasy and I immediately thought of a scenario that could fit this, wonder if it was the same one you thought of? But I know that it's not what most people would think, and I would be able to brush it off as me being anxious and know that most people wouldn't give it a 2nd thought, or would just think there had been a staff meeting which delivered bad news.

pictish Fri 07-Nov-14 09:30:26

Sounds like they had a meeting. It happens sometimes...maybe something urgent (and possibly grave) has come up that they need to deal with.
It won't affect your dd I'm sure. No need to fret. x

notagainffffffffs Fri 07-Nov-14 09:30:48

I reckon ofsted

MrsPiggie Fri 07-Nov-14 09:31:03

Staff meeting that overran.

honeysucklejasmine Fri 07-Nov-14 09:31:56

A staff meeting that ran over and wasn't very pleasant. It happens.

NormaStits Fri 07-Nov-14 09:44:27

I reckon ofsted too, they get next to no notice now and if they need to get together to discuss it, the meeting may have overran. Last time we had ofsted, there was an emergency staff meeting, then afternoon lessons were disrupted for short year assemblies where the children were told the importance of the visit.

Other possibilities include serious illness/death of former colleague, serious child protection issue.

It sounds inconvenient for parents but not a usual occurrence.

WorraLiberty Fri 07-Nov-14 09:47:52

Yeah, probably had a staff meeting.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Fri 07-Nov-14 09:54:35

TheCow I have thought and thought but have no idea what scenario you have come up with!

I would assume either Ofsted or a staff meeting that overran in which staff were potentially told something they didn't want to hear. I would probably notice in an 'ah that's odd' way but it wouldn't unsettle me.

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Fri 07-Nov-14 09:56:44

Don't think about it any more OP. I get anxious about things too and the best way for me to manage it is to go so far the other way that I'm frankly irresponsible.

I'd rather be like that than so worried...I know how you feel.x

CantGiveAnyMore Fri 07-Nov-14 10:03:12

TheCow many scenarios have gone through my head, I way overthink things! There were a lot of cars in the car park, so think staff were there and there was a meeting.

I'm hoping it was a general telling off rather than anything serious, but I have some horrible things going through my head. Stupid anxiety sad

Floggingmolly Fri 07-Nov-14 10:03:12

What, TheCow?? I would have been mildly curious (but only because I'm a nosy cow), but beyond that wouldn't have given it a second thought.
What's to worry about??

TheCowThatLaughs Fri 07-Nov-14 10:15:48

I don't want to post what I thought because it's not logical or sane and it might upset someone reading it.

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Fri 07-Nov-14 10:16:58

Was it to do with someone hijacking the school or similar cow? That's the kind of illogical conclusion I leap to due to anxiety.x

TheCowThatLaughs Fri 07-Nov-14 10:18:13

Ha! Ok yes it was ClawHands. Not just me then.

Nicknacky Fri 07-Nov-14 10:18:41

thecow what can you be thinking that could be so illogical? My first thought was bad news about a child, parent or member of staff.

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Fri 07-Nov-14 10:18:50

grin See! You're not alone! Lots of us here are loopy too.x

Nicknacky Fri 07-Nov-14 10:19:18

Hijacking the school?? Why would you think that?

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Fri 07-Nov-14 10:19:59

Well as I said Nicky it's a symptom of anxiety to leap to worst case scenarios.

YouTheCat Fri 07-Nov-14 10:20:28

The chances are they are getting inspected. It wouldn't worry me though but it tends to send teachers a bit mad.

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Fri 07-Nov-14 10:20:56

That'll be it Cat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now