Talk

Advanced search

The woman next to me has a huge tub of gone-off fruit on her desk...

(15 Posts)
GermanHouseCat Thu 06-Nov-14 16:50:10

I literally just started a new job. The woman next to me has (both yesterday and today) had a big tub of fruit salad on her desk that she eats throughout the day.

It's gone off. It's got that horrible fizzy off smell that keeps wafting my way. Makes me want to vom. confusedconfused

AIBU to throw it in the bin when she's not looking? wink

fruit gets and it

ShatnersBassoon Thu 06-Nov-14 16:52:32

Perhaps politely mention that it smells past its best, out of concern for her.

Gruntfuttock Thu 06-Nov-14 16:54:10

Throw her in the bin.

quietbatperson Thu 06-Nov-14 19:11:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SquinkiesRule Thu 06-Nov-14 21:03:52

Eww made me feel a bit sick thinking about it. Have you told her is smells like it's gone off and she may get an upset stomach from it.

Ir1na Thu 06-Nov-14 21:20:01

I wouldn't risk complaining if you've only just started the job. Stick some Vicks under your nose! Also good if people are smoking outside the window

InfinitySeven Thu 06-Nov-14 21:22:12

Throw it away before she gets to work and blame the cleaners?

GermanHouseCat Thu 06-Nov-14 22:20:37

As I left the office I noticed (not sure how on earth I missed) that she is heavily pg. Surely it can't be good to eat off fruit? So bad that I can smell it from 6ft away.

It's the pre made pots from Tesco.

corgiology Fri 07-Nov-14 00:07:46

Don't interfere.

I often eat 'out of date' fruit and yeah it can be a bit fizzy but I don't care!

I'm sure you wouldn't like someone binning your food when you weren't looking!

Chottie Fri 07-Nov-14 05:09:01

Can you move your desk a little? or change work positions? say the light is better? I am very sensitive to smells too, so huge sympathies here.

PetulaGordino Fri 07-Nov-14 05:12:07

It might be a pregnancy craving

<stereotypes wildly>

WerewolfBarMitzvah Fri 07-Nov-14 05:37:42

Oh that's gross. It would turn my stomach, but in your shoes, I probably wouldn't do or say anything, since you're so new.

Can you bring in something even smellier?! Flowers? Lots of coffee? Eat brussel sprouts and fart a lot?!

Hopefully she eats it soon. Vom.

MortaIWombat Fri 07-Nov-14 05:54:45

It's not gone off, op, it's fermenting.

I admire her deviousness in finding a way round the Powers that Be's sanctions on drinking during pregnancy.... wink

jezzapaxmanslovechild Fri 07-Nov-14 06:02:39

Awesome - Pmsl! Just what I was thinking!

Gruntfuttock Fri 07-Nov-14 12:26:30

OP, I don't want to worry you, but I strongly suspect that she's not pregnant at all, just full of gas. Any moment now, the pressure will have built up so much that as she sits down she will do a mega-fart. It's going to be loud! I suggest you get hold of some earplugs a.s.a.p.

Hope this helps smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now