Talk

Advanced search

to wear a onsie in public?

(16 Posts)
superbagpuss Thu 06-Nov-14 12:02:31

background: Its a pudsey onsie and for a charity event, but for the sheer hell of it I was planning on wearing it from my house, to the train station and then on the early morning commuter train to London.

Also around london

Would this ever be acceptable and should I do it anyway?

I will be wearing jeans and a t-shirt underneath

InfinitySeven Thu 06-Nov-14 12:04:05

You'll get looked at a lot, but other than that, I can't see why it'd be a problem.

I went to London on a busy commuter train covered in fake blood once. A few people stopped to ask if I was okay, some more wanted selfies with me. That was all.

Hoppinggreen Thu 06-Nov-14 12:04:10

If it's next Friday for 1 day only then it's not too bad but I wouldn't do it myself

TillHammerZeit Thu 06-Nov-14 12:09:20

Onesies are never acceptable. And definitely not in public.
No torture filled,gore fest of a slasher film compares to the horror of an adult in a onsie.

mcdog Thu 06-Nov-14 12:10:57

It's for children in need so I don't suppose you'll be the only one smile

EatDessertFirst Thu 06-Nov-14 12:10:58

YABU. Charity-themed or not they are still pyjamas.

LongDistanceLove Thu 06-Nov-14 12:11:52

If it's for charity then I don't see why not.

superbagpuss Thu 06-Nov-14 13:12:04

so about a 50/50 split then :-)

first i have to find one - apprently they are sold out online!

AMumInScotland Thu 06-Nov-14 13:23:42

You will look silly.
People will judge.
Up to you if you mind!

flapjackattack Thu 06-Nov-14 13:32:40

Well, it's not the most fashionable of looks, but then who needs to promote fashion? All that society waffle to look a certain way? Why is this aibu. You're not challenging any actual laws by it!
People with limited outlook will judge. Says all about them and their desperation to fit a nice little pigeonhole really.

cozietoesie Thu 06-Nov-14 13:33:22

I had more than one young Trick or Treater wearing a onesie as their basic Halloween costume. That says it all I think? grin

dexter73 Thu 06-Nov-14 13:35:36

If I saw someone in a Pudsie onesie I would just assume they were collecting for charity. I doubt anyone will bat an eyelid tbh, especially morning commuters!

Carrierpenguin Thu 06-Nov-14 13:37:20

Yabu to wear the onesie and also to support children in need, I thought that had been discredited enough by now to be binned.

cozietoesie Thu 06-Nov-14 13:38:37

When I was doing a morning commute in London, I might have noticed if a completely naked marching band had crossed my path - but only might. grin

superbagpuss Thu 06-Nov-14 13:39:52

carrier - have you got any facts to back up your claim?

As someone who helps with children in need thought the BBC every year, and am aware of local charities that have benefited a lot from funds I would be interested in knowing what you know

AuntieStella Thu 06-Nov-14 13:48:19

If it's going to be a big, identifiable day for CIN, then dressing as Pudsie in public is acceptable.

(Dsiclaimer: I have once worn a onesie in public, but that was to go Trick or Treating and was accompanying children also in fancy dress).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now