Talk

Advanced search

Fucking broken glass

(16 Posts)
dogscatsandbabies Wed 05-Nov-14 16:24:28

Why why why is alcohol not sold in plastic bottles? As both glass and plastic can be recycled I just don't see the reasoning. Taste?

Everyday that I walk to the local beach there is ANOTHER broken bottle littered across the path. Luckily the dog has only been cut once this year but frankly it's just a miracle it hasn't been more often. The whole thing drives me as bonkers as the twats who can't lift their dog poo.

AIBU to think at the very least buckfast and WKD should be sold in plastic bottles?

Madcatgirl Wed 05-Nov-14 16:25:32

Glass leaches into the drink and affects the taste. So wine no. Most cheap crappy alcopops, I see no reason why not.

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Wed 05-Nov-14 16:26:04

We were brought back some alcohol from somewhere else (possibly Spain) and it was in a plastic bottle.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 05-Nov-14 16:26:42

What's buckfast?

And YANBU.

cherrybombxo Wed 05-Nov-14 16:27:36

I moan about this all the time as there is broken glass scattered all over the area that we live. Pretty much every public area where I walk my dog is covered in the stuff, it's so dangerous!

Nohootingchickenssleeping Wed 05-Nov-14 16:27:53

Here here. Sick of it all over the rec that we go to. What's that song, Broken Glass Park? I find myself humming it when walking the dog.

Wowthishurtsalot Wed 05-Nov-14 16:33:38

Sorry I came on here to strongly advise against fucking broken glass

dogscatsandbabies Wed 05-Nov-14 16:35:11

Buckfast is very cheap, high alcohol cider. So, drink of choice for the cash strapped idiots who are most prone to flinging their empties on the ground. Grrr it makes me so mad!

dogscatsandbabies Wed 05-Nov-14 16:36:29

wow

Ha, very true.

butterfliesandbee Wed 05-Nov-14 16:37:47

Buckfast is not a cider, is a fortified wine and used to be sold in chemists as an iron rich build up tonic.
A little bit is nice.

Dontstepinthecowpat Wed 05-Nov-14 16:39:06

Dogs I'm with you on the rest but buckfast isn't that cheap! I noticed it the other day for the first time in years and it was over £8 shock disgusting gut rot. Although I've moved away from Glasgow up north so maybe it's an export charge wink

Bunbaker Wed 05-Nov-14 16:43:30

Madcat Don't you mean plastic?

dogscatsandbabies Wed 05-Nov-14 16:45:43

Well, that's me educated on buckfast... Have never tasted the stuff nor bought it but it has a certain reputation.

LegoCaltrops Wed 05-Nov-14 16:49:09

YANBU. And, I'm always finding tiny fragments of it on our floor, no doubt walked in on our shoes. I regularly pull bits out of the soles of my shoes, as we walk everywhere (as we don't own a car). I live in a town that scored very highly on a recent list of desirable places to live, but, by God, it's a shithole if you look at it up close. Broken glass is just one of the nasty things that make life really hard if you've a toddler. Dog mess everywhere is another.

Jbck Wed 05-Nov-14 17:01:44

And Buckfast isn't particularly cheap, but YANBU. Brought vodka home this year from DF and it was in a plastic bottle.

pinkhorse Wed 05-Nov-14 20:28:43

I'm a cyclist and broken glass is a nightmare for me. Sometimes don't see it until the last minute and its too late to swerve around it......puncture!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now