Talk

Advanced search

To move 15 week DS into buggy?

(6 Posts)
mummyrunnerbean Wed 05-Nov-14 10:44:18

The travel system pram thing we originally bought is dire. It was second hand and is rickety beyond belief. My mother has now bought us a gorgeous brand new buggy for Christmas, but without the carry cot part as he's nearly out of that. I was intending to keep him in current pram for a month or two but today it actually collapsed as I was trying to get him in. WIBU just to pop him in the buggy on it's most reclined setting? It's got lots of padding...

skylark2 Wed 05-Nov-14 10:50:16

What age is the buggy suitable for? The padding's not really relevant, it's whether he can lie flat or not. Certainly I owned a buggy which was considered suitable for newborns when reclined.

Don't use the collapsing one though, it sounds really dangerous.

AlwaysDancing1234 Wed 05-Nov-14 10:54:51

Providing your DS is still able to lie flat (ish) and seems comfortable and supported in the buggy then go for it. My 17 week old won't actually lie flat in her pram anyone, she'd rather sit up, it's helped with her reflux too

mummyrunnerbean Wed 05-Nov-14 11:38:11

He can lie with his back flat but then his legs are pushed up a bit. I think the sling is way forward today til I get a chance to check the suitability guff though!

fiorentina Wed 05-Nov-14 12:23:12

Sounds similar to ours and both children moved at 5 months as they were bored of laying flat all the time.

icklekid Wed 05-Nov-14 12:26:19

We just moved 16 week old out of carry cot as too big we got a new born liner that makes our buggy suitable as they can lie flat. Sometimes tilt it slightly as he prefers to be upright. ..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now