Talk

Advanced search

to cry like a baby and open up a roses tub.

(41 Posts)
wonderingsoul Tue 04-Nov-14 21:13:46

I know it's abiu but here goes.

I had t a week of work last week. Holiday.

Got sick on Friday, couldn't get out of bed with out the room spinning by Sunday

Went back to work Monday feeling better but having the cold go to my chest.

Went to doctors today and i have a chest infection.

I work as a cleaner, the only cleaner in a two level building so it's active.

I'm also a single parent with little support. I put the kids to bed early tonight as the youngest was pushing my buttons

I'm ashamed to say I crawled into bed and bawled like a baby, the thought of going to work tomorrow is horrible, my social anxty won't let me call in sick, I want some one to care about me, to look after me for a change. Hell I'll even settle for some one blowing smoke on because I am gagging for a fag!!

So iv done the crying would I be to open the tub of roses I brought for Christmas?

LadyLuck10 Tue 04-Nov-14 21:14:32

Yanbu! Go for it. thanks

2minsofyourtime Tue 04-Nov-14 21:15:54

Eat all the good ones first

saintsandpoets Tue 04-Nov-14 21:16:02

my social anxty won't let me call in sick

Does this mean that you are going to suffer in work, ill tomorrow, because your anxiety is preventing you from making a phone call?

If so you need to book some time off work and get to a doctor about that, because if so, this would solve lots of your problem!

[thank] though - I know how crap it is to feel poorly, and there is nothing wrong with eating the Roses. Just buy more. It's only chocolate.

Feel better op!

starlight1234 Tue 04-Nov-14 21:18:09

YNBU... infact I am sure roses are just for these situations

wonderingsoul Tue 04-Nov-14 21:21:29

It's not just making the call, it's the not wanting to let them down, stressing my boss out and i know he'll be bitching about it. I know it's stupied. sad

Coffee and strawberry ones are my favourite, smile the toffee ones suck

Lilicat1013 Tue 04-Nov-14 21:21:31

Have the chocolate, I hope you feel better soon x

saintsandpoets Tue 04-Nov-14 21:24:42

Oh wondering, it's not stupid if it's how you feel.

Can't help being poorly though. It's not like you a pulling a sicky, so if you do decide to call in, your boss will just have to deal with it. It is perfectly reasonable to have sick days.

Monathevampire1 Tue 04-Nov-14 21:24:49

Have a choc and save one for me xxxxxx

Canshopwillshop Tue 04-Nov-14 21:26:28

YABU .... if you don't finish the tub! Phone in sick and get well soon.

Beeznectar Tue 04-Nov-14 21:31:30

Eat them! I love toffee ones so keep them for megrin

I hope you feel better, and second what someone said about getting signed off by your GP. Sounds like you need some extra time off to recover thanks

wonderingsoul Tue 04-Nov-14 21:32:18

Thank you, I don't feel so feeble now thanks

Passes tub around...

Gone are the days I could eat -- the whole tub-- more than 6..

iliketea Tue 04-Nov-14 21:35:11

YANBU - but be careful of the green ones, they used to be caramel and now they are coffee (bleurgh!!)

wonderingsoul Tue 04-Nov-14 21:36:31

I'm going to try to call in sick tomorrow.. Even if I have to keep repeating it's ok to be ill. It's ok.confused

Imeldainthemustardcoat Tue 04-Nov-14 21:39:28

Open the chocs sweetheart, be nice to yourself, cuddle your kids, have a couple of days off, sod your arse of boss, just be kind to yourself and get yourself better hun.... big hug, hope your okay. PS if it makes you feel better I spent the first year of my twins live crying behind the toilet door, so it isn't just you, life can be bloody hard slog...HTH x

saintsandpoets Tue 04-Nov-14 21:47:07

Well done wondering. You'll only get sicker if you don't rest tomorrow, and that will fuck up your job even more. 1 day is better than a week.

needtomanup Tue 04-Nov-14 21:52:09

Best of luck phoning tomorrow. Get well soon.

Floggingmolly Tue 04-Nov-14 21:54:23

Of course it's ok to be ill. Stay home and eat more chocolate flowers

londonrach Tue 04-Nov-14 21:56:48

(Fight op for the strawberry creams). Open the box op and enjoy each one as it sounds like you need them. (Hands op the strawberry creams as op deserves them more) x

Sockstealer Tue 04-Nov-14 21:58:09

Have a big cyber hug and thanks

Sorry you're feeling ill, you should really brave calling in sick with a chest infection.

Yadnbu, chocolate and a good cry does the world of good sometimes.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Notmeagain1 Tue 04-Nov-14 22:02:09

Its ok to be ill, its ok to be ill, now send the toffee ones to me.grin enjoy the rest of your chocolates.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Now call off work and and it really is ok to get sick. flowers

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 04-Nov-14 22:16:38

Think of it as you preventing other people catching your virus, rather than plain old calling in sick. You are quarantining yourself!

Would you mind posting me the toffee roses and I will send you the strawberry ones in exchange?

Canshopwillshop Tue 04-Nov-14 22:18:12

I love the purple nutty ones - any left?

HerrenaHarridan Tue 04-Nov-14 22:38:24

I love being a single parent for sooo many reasons but I do have regular periods of being really sad that I'm no ones priority.

There is no one in this world that would prioritise how I feel/ what us important to me over their own desires. It's fucking depressing. Yet another night hone alone, just the sound of the washing machine abs the phone if anyone's free for a chat.

It's sounds pretty depressing but it's better than when I was with my ex smile

Glad you've decided not to go to work tomorrow.

As a single parent you have to prioritise your needs, no barstard else will

wonderingsoul Tue 04-Nov-14 23:10:08

Herren flowers it is depressing sometimes, other times its ok than sometimes it's bloody brilliant being single. But tonight wasn't one and I went into full woe is me

Though sockstealer says I do feel better for the cry though slightly sick due to the chocolate.. There gotten richer I'm sure..

throws the nuttys, toffees and I'll even share the strawberrys though iv eaten all the coffee

Thank you, for the virtual shoulder it's really helped.

I am calling in sick and I will be doing them a favour by not getting them sick. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now