Talk

Advanced search

to wish I could be as cool and unflustered as the young chap I saw today...(lighthearted)

(14 Posts)
offtoseethewizard64 Tue 04-Nov-14 16:23:59

at the exit barrier to the town centre car park. On putting in his ticket to raise the barrier, he realised that you are supposed to pay for your ticket on foot before getting into your car. He cooly got out of his car and sauntered to the nearest ticket machine with his head held high, but without making eye contact with the occupants of any of the cars in the large queue which was building up behind his car. Once he had paid for his ticket, he sauntered back to his car and put his ticket into the machine to raise the barrier before getting back in and wheelspinning off.

I wouldn't want to copy his parting action but if it had been me who had forgotten to pay for the ticket, I would have been a) running to the ticket machine b) apologising profusely to every car occupant in the queue and c) been very hot and bothered.

Amazingly, no one beeped their horn or shouted out of the window during this whole performance and the 2nd barrier was closed due to roadworks, so he was blocking the only exit from the very large carpark at a time when people would have been heading back to do the school run.

ScarletFever Tue 04-Nov-14 16:26:05

"....sauntered back to his car" like an arsehole

i dont think he was cool and unflustered, i think he was an arrogant arse thinking "its ok, they can all wait for me"

EatDereksCorpse Tue 04-Nov-14 16:28:26

Id end up tripping up or something if that was me.

ScarletFever Tue 04-Nov-14 16:30:05

hahahaha EDC!!

primarynoodle Tue 04-Nov-14 16:35:00

first time in a multistory carpark after passing my driving test I got lost and went up the ramp which turned out to be the way in!

it was crazy busy so had blocked about 4 cars in and massive queues behind me so I couldn't reverse back for ages

MORTIFIED!!!blush

Theselittlelightsofmine Tue 04-Nov-14 16:35:04

Cocky little shite springs to mind confused

EatShitDezza Tue 04-Nov-14 16:36:28

He was probably shitting it on the inside and super embarrassed bug hid it.

You know, fake it til you make it sort of thing.

He probably got back in the car and had to wipe the sweat off his self.

cupofsneeze Tue 04-Nov-14 16:38:13

Knowing my luck i'd be parked too close to the ticket machine and wouldnt be able to open the car door so would have to crawl out the passenger side in front of everyone.

Theres nothing cool about me!

effinandjeffin Tue 04-Nov-14 16:38:33

Agree with lights, he sounds like a twat, especially with the wheel spin. Was he in a souped up corsa, or similar, by any chance?

WorraLiberty Tue 04-Nov-14 16:40:42

I'd would have done that sort of weird 'half wave, half awkward fast walk' thing.

You know like when you're trying to cross the road and a car flashes to let you go? blush

angelos02 Tue 04-Nov-14 16:44:52

I'd would have done that sort of weird 'half wave, half awkward fast walk' thing

Love it - I know exactly what you mean.

gingee Tue 04-Nov-14 16:52:03

Fake it til you make it exactly !!!

Sometimes there's just no point being mega flustered and apologetic it would probably have taken longer to huff and puff apologies, wave, fall over on the way to the machine, drop your change and then finally get your ticket!

offtoseethewizard64 Tue 04-Nov-14 16:57:47

effinIt was a small hatchback but didn't look souped up as far as I could tell but then I was 3 cars behind him and in front of about 15 other cars and rising

I would normally have said "arrogant tosser" but he was just so 'cool' (in an unflustered kind of way) that I couldn't help thinking that it was far better to be chilled than flap around like I would have done and probably ended up doing what EatDerekscorpse said.

cupof he definitely hadn't parked too close as I originally thought that the problem was the driver couldn't reach the machine to put the ticket in as he was so far away. Maybe he had already manouvered the car so he could get out before I got there or he completely lacked spatial awareness

SouthernComforts Tue 04-Nov-14 16:58:46

Oh God, I did this once. In my panicked state I rushed back to the car after paying and got in the passenger seat. I froze for a few seconds wondering why we weren't setting off before realisation crept in.

I couldn't face getting back out. I scrambled accross the seats and set off without looking back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now