Talk

Advanced search

To ask for my £70 back from doggy optician?

(14 Posts)
layla888 Tue 04-Nov-14 13:27:12

About six months ago I woke up one day with a headache, it was on going and was told to get my eyes tested as the last time I had an eye test was when I was 17, 11 years ago. As I had also just had a baby 5 weeks old at the time and still recovering from C-section I went to the nearest opticians that was Asda Opticians as I didn't fancy going into town to vision express or wherever (now I wish I had!). They tested my eyes for 10 mins and said I needed glasses. When my glasses came everyone (friends etc. who wanted to try my frames on) said they made no difference really just slightly magnified stuff. Around this time I also made an effort to cut caffeine and other junk out of my diet. Headaches went for a while - but came back 3 weeks ago. Went back to doctors and they told me to get another eye test as I might need my prescription changed i.e. my eye were worse. Went to Vision Express last weekend, the optician their said I had 20/20 vision I did NOT need glasses, and that the lenses were a such a week prescription she cant believe any optician would prescribed them. She also said if I continued to wear the glasses my eyes would get worse. AIBU to ask Asda for my £70 I paid back for the glasses I dont need??

honeysucklejasmine Tue 04-Nov-14 13:31:34

YANBU but I'm not sure how you'd go about it. Customer services at head office?

RachelWatts Tue 04-Nov-14 13:33:38

I thought having your eyes tested so soon after childbirth wasn't recommended, because fluid retention can alter your eyesight slightly.

cherrybombxo Tue 04-Nov-14 13:34:31

I clicked on this thread thinking that dogs got their eyes tested... <disappointed>

Yes, I would complain. I'd get a letter confirming that I was 20/20 from Vision Express and use it as evidence.

trice Tue 04-Nov-14 13:35:42

It is Asda. Go in and complain. I bet they will give you your money back.

Foxbiscuitselection Tue 04-Nov-14 13:39:09

Yes no eye testing post birth, they should have told you

ChuffMuffin Tue 04-Nov-14 15:07:53

They did the test in just ten minutes? That's terrible in itself. A decent eye test should take at least 20 minutes. Complain away!

Gawjushun Tue 04-Nov-14 15:18:12

My husband had problems with Tesco opticians. They failed to notice a cataract and gave an incorrect prescription. He tweeted them and they were very quick to reply and helpful. Ended up refunding the cost of glasses, and offered retests, which he didn't take up. I'm not sure we would use a supermarket optician after this experience, even though technically you should get the same standard of care.

There is a regulatory body called the General Optical Council if you don't get any joy from customer services, although I'm not sure how much power they have. Good luck!

moxon Tue 04-Nov-14 15:35:12

Also slightly sad that your dog didn't get an eyes test. sad
But their optician should not have tested you that soon after birth, and so it is their mistake.

atticusclaw Tue 04-Nov-14 15:36:30

I also thought this was a dog eye test grin

Chippednailvarnish Tue 04-Nov-14 15:40:31

Had visions of a dog woofing when he sees the flashing dots grin

Loveloveloveher Wed 05-Nov-14 11:51:45

Another one here thinking your dog had an eye test!

Did you get in touch with Asda OP? They should refund you, that's bad. Same thing happened to me at Boots Opticians years ago.

rebelfor Wed 05-Nov-14 11:55:11

Seriously disappointed it's not a dog eye test, was going to enquire about taking my dog for one grin

AesSedai Wed 05-Nov-14 12:14:20

I thought your dog had had his eyes tested. Even more disappointed that it's not a dogging grin optician !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now