Talk

Advanced search

to think that when you pay £Â;£Â£Â£ for school photos

(10 Posts)
dannydyerismydad Mon 03-Nov-14 18:18:35

They might actually bother to give you the individual photos you order, rather than one enormous piece of photographic paper that I'm expected to cut up myself and some cardboard "frames"

You may have guessed that I'm new to this school photo lark.

AesSedai Mon 03-Nov-14 18:27:18

You're also new to thread titles??

dannydyerismydad Mon 03-Nov-14 18:28:04

You've not experienced the joy that is the Mumsnet app?

twinkletoedelephant Mon 03-Nov-14 18:31:00

We got ours today dt1 had 3 shots obviously he didn't want to do in all 3 he looked pissed off ..... Dt2 photo is at a weird angle and he looks alien and as for the one of the two of them together... They are suppose to hug??? Dear god it looks like one is strangling the other whilst being forced to listen to let it go on a loop...

Needless to say I won't be buying them this year.

DastardlyDachshund Mon 03-Nov-14 18:33:05

I feel your pain (both for the cost of the photo's and the awkwardness of the app). I have just had back the keyring sized proofs of my two dc. Fortunately only 3 out of 7 I liked. Unfortunately, the 'helpful' packages are completely unsuitable (and expensive) for what I need. If I order from them, then I am looking at ~£36 for the three I want. Tempted to just scan them and see if I can increase the picture size a little so I can print them myself tbh.

dannydyerismydad Mon 03-Nov-14 18:34:44

They had the cheek to catch DS looking adorable and not like a blur darting out of view. So I spent more than I intended. blush

I was at least expecting the mounted pictures to come mounted - for the price I wasn't expecting a DIY project.

Fairenuff Mon 03-Nov-14 18:34:47

Why buy a photo of your child in school uniform when you can just take your own? confused

dannydyerismydad Mon 03-Nov-14 18:36:29

Because I only have an iPhone and he never, ever sits still. They are the kind of shots I've been trying to capture since the day the hyperactive monkey was born.

If I buy one at all I get the CD of both DCs together and print my own. Fortunately they were all awful this year so I'm not going to bother at all and save the cash.

dannydyerismydad Mon 03-Nov-14 18:45:19

Whoknows - that was the original plan. Then I decided to make life easier for myself and get them printed by the photographer.

Lesson learned...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now