Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to curl up in a ball and cry.

(11 Posts)
Sn00p4d Mon 03-Nov-14 17:55:29

I've got a 'challenging' job, with a far more challenging boss.
I'm 6 months pregnant and I cannot cope any more. It's verging on workplace bullying but she is indiscriminate, everyone suffers her wrath and no one does anything about it, no one can.
I've had a tricky pregnancy and she knows this, every time I do something off of the never ending list of jobs she adds another ten things on the end but I still apparently 'don't work hard enough'
my head is billing and I don't know what to do. Spend most evenings in tears dreading the morning coming and having to go back, if I wasn't utterly skint I wouldn't go back but that's not an option. Arghhhhhh.

ReputableBiscuit Mon 03-Nov-14 17:57:02

See your GP about the stress this is causing you. And contact HR about your boss?

longjane Mon 03-Nov-14 17:57:22

Go sick?

Hairylegs47 Mon 03-Nov-14 17:57:49

flowers
I can't think of anything helpful, but just wanted to let you know folk care.

AMillionNameChangesLater Mon 03-Nov-14 17:58:30

Could you go on the sick? Put a hr complaint in first?

Yarp Mon 03-Nov-14 18:00:37

Are you a member of a Union? Can you join one, if not?

duckbilled Mon 03-Nov-14 18:00:57

Go to your gp and tell them how you are feeling, they may will sign you off sick. It sure sounds like they should flowers

Pico2 Mon 03-Nov-14 18:03:20

Definitely see your GP. This stress can't be doing you or your baby any good. You're only going to have this baby once (as my excellent GP said to me). You need to look after yourself and your GP can help you do that.

Sn00p4d Mon 03-Nov-14 18:16:39

Thank you, seeing my midwife on Thursday so I won't hold back. I'm in a union but it won't make a difference, it's a local council type thing, if I cause any ripples I'll be lucky to get a job anywhere I'm a bit between a rock and a hard place, she's turned a few people to drink but that's not an option for me!
I don't get paid when I'm off sick so all I would do is worry about the lack of money so it's not ideal either.

hamptoncourt Mon 03-Nov-14 19:03:41

You and your colleagues can raise a collective grievance against her for bullying - you seem a bit defeatist about it?

Speak to your union about it.

Golightly133 Mon 03-Nov-14 23:32:43

Speak up this can't go on HR Union do not be bullied by this person

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now