Talk

Advanced search

To feel a bit guilty

(3 Posts)
teacher54321 Mon 03-Nov-14 15:16:23

Ds 2 1/2 has been ill all week. I've luckily been on half term as his sleeping has been horrendous (today started at 4.15am!) and we had a horrid trip to OOH on Saturday where he had a complete meltdown on being examined and ended up on a nebuliser shock. Anyway-took him to drs today who gave him a thorough going over and they've said the wheezing has stopped and he can stop the medication that has been stopping him sleeping. Dh hasn't been able to help much in all of this as he has a safety critical job and has been working long days for the last few days and has been out the house 6am-9pm. However he is off today and tomorrow and has just taken ds to have a sleepover at grandma's (who is a nurse and who ds ADORES) so that I can have a night uninterrupted before going back to work tomorrow. I haven't slept properly all week and was exhausted after a really busy term at school. So I need this time to myself as there's no way I'll manage at work tomorrow without a proper nights sleep. So why do I feel so guilty?! He's better, he's with daddy AND grandma AND grandad and they're only 1/2 hours drive away. And I'm beyond shattered!

dontknowwhatnametopick Mon 03-Nov-14 15:21:08

I think its just a mother thing! We know it needs to be done yet we have that little feeling of guilt. My son had his tonsils and adenoids out last year, he done nothing but cry for 10 days, he didnt sleep for any longer than an hour at a time. By the end I was on my knees to the point my Mum came round told me to pack a bag for DS and TOLD me she was taking him. I managed to wash, eat and sleep that day although still felt guilty as hell even tho I knew my DS would be more than fine with his gran! I dont think anything will stop us feeling guilty. Just enjoy the you time, you need it!

teacher54321 Mon 03-Nov-14 15:27:52

Ah, that makes me feel a bit better! I'm currently in bed in pjs reading closer magazine and eating a twirl... I literally have not spent more than 10 minutes away from ds for the last week-I've been sleeping on his bedroom floor as I've been so worried about him! Dh can take over and is more than capable, but if they were in the same house I wouldn't be able to relax.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now