Talk

Advanced search

th think the accident was probably his fault

(13 Posts)
3nonblondeboys80 Mon 03-Nov-14 13:32:55

so dh had a recent prang. he said he was hit by a car in an area with ccty and the driver did not leave a note. He has been really calm about it and immediately arranged repair. Thus destroying evidence and has not attempted to report to police or request cctv etc.
aibu to think he was probably at fault but is too proud to admit it.

Pootles2010 Mon 03-Nov-14 13:34:36

Possibly - does it matter?

pinkyredrose Mon 03-Nov-14 13:36:27

Too proud? Or he knows he was driving like an idiot?

TurnOverTheTv Mon 03-Nov-14 13:38:49

Have you asked him why he didn't report to the police?

Thrif Mon 03-Nov-14 13:39:57

Could be too proud, could be as pinky says or could be that you/he considers his time and the faff of trying to get the CCTV etc more valuable to him than the cost of the repair, depends on your financial situation I guess.

Whatever, it's not good that you/he haven't been able to talk about it.

If you think he's at fault, what's happening about the other car?

Flexibilityisaghost Mon 03-Nov-14 13:40:55

Do you mean you think your DH has had an accident, and driven off without giving his details? He is likely to have the police knocking on the door if so. It doesn't really matter who was technically at fault, unless he was doing something really daft, but not reporting it would land him in trouble.

motherofmonster Mon 03-Nov-14 13:41:06

Or could it have been that the cost of the repair didn't warrent the rise in insurance cost/ hassle of trying to claim

OldLadyKnowsBeelzebub Mon 03-Nov-14 13:42:44

Just because there was CCTV, doesn't mean he'd gain access to it. An accident that results in injury needs to be reported to the police, not sure that a prang and buggering off does. Don't police generally have more to deal with than a bit of (insured) dented metal?

LurkingHusband Mon 03-Nov-14 13:42:45

Don't forget to notify your insurance company ....

lancslady84 Mon 03-Nov-14 13:43:33

i did suggest reporting to police and doing something about cctv. He just said he wanted it fixed.
Probably doesn't matter except he is inclined to big up his driving and make out my driving in inferior which it probably is in confined spaces.

googoodolly Mon 03-Nov-14 13:43:58

Maybe it's just cheaper to fix it than go through the insurance and risk his costs going up?

lancslady84 Mon 03-Nov-14 13:48:22

oops name change fail.

DeWee Mon 03-Nov-14 14:44:08

If it's a small prang then it's probably easier just to get it fixed than chase the police.

I had a smallish (�500 worth) prang a couple of years ago. Knew the person, who admitted liability straight away, and all done off insurance and with no aggro at all. However it was a hassle, because of all the contacting each other and would have been easier just to do it ourself if we'd had the money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now