Talk

Advanced search

when you have bad pms your dh shouldn't tell you to 'Go Rollerblading'

(37 Posts)
mazlou3 Sun 02-Nov-14 13:17:47

Dh has pretty much just took off with his mate and sent me this message:

Go Rollerblading, get those endorphin’s going and your heart rate racing. www.period.life/go-rollerblading/ #periodlife

Aibu to start a bonfire with his possessions?

BarbaraWoodlouse Sun 02-Nov-14 13:18:55

Go rollerblading. Over his head.

FayKorgasm Sun 02-Nov-14 13:19:44

No judge would convict you. Tell him its better than rollerblading.

Castlemilk Sun 02-Nov-14 13:52:02

I suggest you adopt it as your killer passive-aggressive comeback in all situations.

DH pissed off/tired/narky/disagreeing with you?

Smile, head tilt, faux concerned expression - 'Oh dear. You seem a little tense. Have you thought of rollerblading? It's great for the endorphins I hear?' (make sure you do the irritating upward voice inflection at the end of the question, too!)

He'll rue the day he opened his mouth.

TwllBach Sun 02-Nov-14 13:56:38

He actually sent you a link??

Pile all his possessions up neatly on the side of the road. Take a picture. Send it to him with the caption - bonfire night has come early.

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Sun 02-Nov-14 13:58:13

Those wanky adverts have A LOT to answer for.

thlangry

Sanitary towels and tampon adverts should be of a girl wimpering on her sofa with a hot water bottle and her cat while cramming chocolate orange into her mouth.

DealForTheKids Sun 02-Nov-14 13:59:26

Castlemilk has it. That is SO what I'd do if my DP had come out with that.

Like he'd be going rollerblading if he was in pain and about to start bleeding from the cock. Wazzock.

Bunbaker Sun 02-Nov-14 14:00:05

Does he actually know you are suffering today?

I must admit that while I know that some women do get PMS, it is an alien concept to me as I never had it. I guess this is why men don't understand it either, hence the flippant message.

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 02-Nov-14 14:02:38

Great idea, get period all over them: www.period.life/wear-silk-pyjamas/

That site must be a 'joke'

GingerPuddin Sun 02-Nov-14 14:06:06

Does you watch Russell Howard's good news? He did a bit about this a week or so ago. It was about truth in adversing since someone sued red bull for not giving them actual wings. The skit was a man coming in and saying let's go rollerblading to his girlfriend who's sat on the sofa with a hot water bottle. She then tells him to fuck off.

OwlWearingSunglasses Sun 02-Nov-14 14:08:00

good lord he is taking his life into his hands there!

DangerousBeanz Sun 02-Nov-14 14:12:08

Just looked at that website. Written by a feckin man imho. It suggests bungee jumping, skydiving and trampoleening. Andno where does it suggest eating chocolate and stabbing people with sharp objects.

Notmeagain1 Sun 02-Nov-14 14:19:37

I does say eat chocolate covered brazil nuts and have a massage. Get you some chocolates and book a massage and tell him to feck off you are following his advice. grin

JenniferGovernment Sun 02-Nov-14 14:32:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mazlou3 Sun 02-Nov-14 16:14:37

I'm so tempted to open up his Xmas present - an iPad and Rollerblade all over it and act stupid on Christmas day.

Whoops did I just forget to leave him some leftovers from Sunday lunch and eat it all,... Oh well never mind ;)

BlackeyedSusan Sun 02-Nov-14 17:33:45

you are really going to have to punish him for this. everytime he winges about everything you are going to have to suggest that he go rollerblading... until he caves and apologises. for exact method see poster up there somewhere...

headlesslambrini Sun 02-Nov-14 17:43:45

He likes to live dangerously doesn't he?

Icantwaituntilxmas Sun 02-Nov-14 18:18:01

He is taking the piss grin I have to admit I laughed though...

Think of some passive aggressive ways to annoy him, maybe?

Icantwaituntilxmas Sun 02-Nov-14 18:25:32

The website also offers other 'tips' such as 'eat salad' and an inventive yoga position which involves a headstand...

It also says pms stands for 'purchase more shoes'. Amazing. Which dimwit came up with this?

Anyway, is anyone up for skydiving in the next few days?

toriuk Mon 03-Nov-14 10:36:49

You should suggest castration For him every timemoa speaks.

Mrsjayy Mon 03-Nov-14 10:48:02

My husband said yesterday as I was looking for painkillers oh you are not like the advert are you he thought he was hilarious he was not hilarious

JubJubBirds Mon 03-Nov-14 10:53:28

What is this?!!

I have an actual rage on now.

Bunbaker Mon 03-Nov-14 12:41:32

I wonder what the FWR topic would make of these grin

GimliMinge Mon 03-Nov-14 12:44:40

WTF is this idiotic sexist crap?

Though having said that, I still have the box of Florida orange creams sitting next to me, as I ate four for lunch. Period started today. Coincidence?

stubbornstains Mon 03-Nov-14 12:48:07

My favourite tip is: "If you live near a spring, harvest your own water - full of minerals".

Of course grin

Have you noticed that the woman on the trampoline actually has white trousers on? It has to be a pisstake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now