Talk

Advanced search

AIBU In thinking the cat in the O2 advert...

(20 Posts)
BaldricksWife Sat 01-Nov-14 22:17:39

..... needs a bloody good brush? Sets my teeth on edge each time I see it.

MissRueful Sat 01-Nov-14 22:20:27

I think it looks ill as well as unkempt. Too thin. Bit creepy too.

RandomMess Sat 01-Nov-14 22:21:12

Well it's been photoshopped so it's not going to look "right"

MissRueful Sat 01-Nov-14 22:25:45

I do however like his voice!

He looks like a Maine Coon cat to me... but a really thin shabby one. I have MC and they are similar but shiny fluffy and plump!

RandomMess Sat 01-Nov-14 23:30:54

Yes we reckon Maine Coon too, although some of MILs maine coons are far slimmer with shorter coats that the solid fluff ball one.

3catsnokids Sat 01-Nov-14 23:35:29

I hate those adverts. ' Be more dog.' Hmmph! There's nothing wrong with being a cat! I feel offended on my cats' behalf whenever the adverts are on!

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Sat 01-Nov-14 23:40:46

Agreed.

Cats are far cooler.

cozietoesie Sat 01-Nov-14 23:42:11

I've always thought he looked frightened - in all the adverts. They would put me straight off using the product.

IAmNotAPrincessIAmAKahleesi Sat 01-Nov-14 23:42:58

I have siberians and it looks like one of those, mine are always scruffy even after a brush grin

EleanorAbernathy Sat 01-Nov-14 23:43:21

I am boycotting O2 until that cat learns to embrace his catness and be more cat. I'd love to be a cat - he's just ungrateful.

Butterflywings168 Sat 01-Nov-14 23:47:50

I totally agree, 3cats, king, Eleanor. HATE those ads. Cats are far superior.

thatniceperson Sat 01-Nov-14 23:53:26

The cat in the advert is a cat's head on a dog's body. I never noticed until my sister pointed it out to me, creeeepyyy!

thatniceperson Sat 01-Nov-14 23:57:02

Actually, on looking at the pictures it might actually be a main coon.... The cats head dogs body creeped me out too much so maybe its just wishful thinking grin

Whiskwarrior Sun 02-Nov-14 00:03:49

I've been meaning to start a thread on those sodding ads for ages now.

There is no way on God's earth that any cat would want to be even remotely 'dog', let alone 'more dog'.

Dog's are idiots and cats know that!

<Looks lovingly at idiot cat lying next to her on the sofa and is glad he can't read>

IKYTWTLYA Sun 02-Nov-14 00:17:44

MissRuefull the voice is Julian Barrett

[2nd attempt at this post, my phone's being odd and I think it just posted this on a very different thread]

iwishiwasacat Sun 02-Nov-14 00:35:54

Totally agreed that the cat needs to embrace his cat-ness. "Be more dog"? Pffft.

ChillySpooker Sun 02-Nov-14 00:41:28

///that cat is a Maine #coon - I own his twin brother fatterversion--though

Dunkling Sun 02-Nov-14 07:53:51

Don't know what the cat is, but as a goldie owner the first time I saw the add I said "that's a cat on a golden retrievers body". I was right. You can find it on google. Again, too thin though and in need of a good brush!

Beautifullymixed Sun 02-Nov-14 08:25:56

I felt the same way on seeing that ad for the first time. I'm sure my elegant, graceful and clean kittys don't desire at all to be panting, drooling, rolling in fox poo, sniffing bums and poo dogs.

wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now