Talk

Advanced search

to be sick of friends non stop breastfeeding posts?

(59 Posts)
frankie80 Sat 01-Nov-14 18:45:21

I'm not at all against breastfeeding, honestly I'm not, so don't flame me.

I do however, have an issue with a certain friend who constantly, like daily, posts about breastfeeding. defiant pictures accompanied by messages about how natural it is, how its not sexual or offensive. She finished BFing about 2 years ago but continues to post about it all the time and share links.

It feels almost like a political thing - all these constant posts.

It's making me want to unfriend her because its getting on my nerves. I'd feel the same way if someone were constantly posting about how FF is okay etc.

I know I could hide her posts, but she does post some other stuff too that I do like to read/see.

AIBU to think "fuck off, I get it, you support breastfeeding so stop shoving it down our throats"

ThursdayOfTheLivingDead Sat 01-Nov-14 18:49:05

I should just hide her if I were you.
I'm not really keen on militant anything on FB, no matter how much I agree or disagree.

hollie84 Sat 01-Nov-14 18:49:37

Lots of people are quite single issue on Facebook. I've hidden someone who is always posting about mistreated dogs.

No doubt your posts annoy someone too.

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 01-Nov-14 18:51:07

Just hide her from your timeline. I do that with so many people. Perfectly nice in real life but incredibly irritating online.

IdkickJilliansass Sat 01-Nov-14 18:54:28

My cousin has a PFB and posts constantly about 'Baby Wearing' er using a sling! 'Baby led weaning' finger food? Alllllllllll the time, I just hate the terms they grate on me for some reason.

gamerchick Sat 01-Nov-14 18:58:52

I have people posting constant meat is murder pictures and vids. I get them posting constant homosexual is fine stuff, I get child abuse and animal abuse and that's off the top of my head. All equally irritating.

Just hide her from your timeline.

brainfidget Sat 01-Nov-14 19:04:11

Muh.... naughty militant BFers, always shoving it down people's throats as you say.

Errrrmmm...... hmm

Thehedgehogsong Sat 01-Nov-14 19:04:44

Nah YABU everyone is entitled to feel passionate about something. She could be sharing things that make her feel supported in her own choices, it might have nothing to do with sharing to educate anyone.

I share things I think are awesome on FB, that's all I use it for, they're for me to look back at and while I hope my friends enjoy them too, I don't really care if they don't like it or don't even read it.

littlemslazybones Sat 01-Nov-14 19:05:55

Defiant? Like Braveheart with norks on?

MiddletonPink Sat 01-Nov-14 19:11:14

Block her. I blocked someone recently because of their political agenda. Not that I disagreed with it I just couldn't cope with tge constant photos of dead children she kept putting on.

fourwoodenchairs Sat 01-Nov-14 19:12:31

I left Fakebook about a year ago now because of yawn inducing stuff like this.

26Point2Miles Sat 01-Nov-14 19:13:31

I think we might have a mutual friend! It's boring, really it is

frankie80 Sat 01-Nov-14 19:22:00

lol, yes it is actually like braveheart! I wish I could share some of the posts with you but it would totally out me. (I think she's a MNetter)

Cherrypi Sat 01-Nov-14 19:24:32

You can hide posts from certain organisations if she is sharing things from one or two groups. I did this with MIL and Britain First.

blacktreaclecat Sat 01-Nov-14 19:24:32

I unfollow anyone who posts these types of things, it's not something I need on my news feed. I FF and am slightly sensitive about it. I don't unfriend them though, that seems harsh

windchime Sat 01-Nov-14 19:38:11

Unfriend her. I don't need to see my friends' nipples, thank you very much.

PrivateBenjamin Sat 01-Nov-14 19:38:24

One of my Facebook acquaintances is a militant gentle parent. She constantly posts about how using prams is torture for babies and how she pities people who have to go back to work after having kids, along with more posts about how childcare causes brain damage to babies. I have considered deleting her but she's pregnant again and she's going to eat the placenta so I want to see how that goes.

SeptemberBabies Sat 01-Nov-14 19:44:26

It's not all that unusual about first time parents becoming militant about some issue or another about baby rearing.

I remember myself being militant with my PFB.

I'm now on DC4. Not militant at all, just get on with it.

brainfidget Sat 01-Nov-14 19:45:30

I have considered deleting her but she's pregnant again and she's going to eat the placenta so I want to see how that goes.

Literally PrivateBenjamin ? grin

DoughnutSelfie Sat 01-Nov-14 19:46:12

Hah yes PrivateB, one of my friends v similar. She also espouses paying sahms a state benefit to compensate for not going to work and is also tremendously vocal about how dreadful childcare is. I can't Get Rid as I know her through Church #itscomplicated

ChippingInAutumnLover Sat 01-Nov-14 19:50:57

she's pregnant again and she's going to eat the placenta

^^ I nearly saw my dinner again. envy

^^ That is not envy.

frankie80 Sat 01-Nov-14 19:52:12

she's not a first time mum.

If I do delete her, she'll probably assume I'm anti BFing as its the main thing she posts about and I don't want her or anyone to think I am.

Plus she's the confrontational type.

milkpudding Sat 01-Nov-14 19:56:12

I do wonder if some of my friends have unfollowed me for the same reason. I am a member of a few Facebook breastfeeding support groups where people post questions about bf-ing for advice (seeing as the national bf helpline is always engaged) so my news feed often contains bf related posts from these groups, and if I find these interesting I share them. I have quite a few bf ing mum friends who would like to read them, and now I do wish that I had known more about bf ing pre baby as I was clueless and it is an important subject- if more people knew something about breastfeeding there would be less ignorance about it and less scope for misleading claims by formula manufacturers.

But I do wonder if my childless friends roll their eyes and unfollow me, I know I would gave done pre DC, so I wouldn't feel offended.

OiGiveItBack Sat 01-Nov-14 19:56:56

This is one of the many reasons why I don't have Facebook. Boring, boring,boring.

Viviennemary Sat 01-Nov-14 19:57:43

Block her if it gets on your nerves. People get obsessed with all kinds of things. The trouble with FB is that it's always there. At least with annoying people in real life they aren't usually always there. Just give FB a rest for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now