Talk

Advanced search

...to hate the Ugg boot shuffle?

(49 Posts)
MrsSippy Sat 01-Nov-14 15:33:27

or any shuffling activity really, I really want to tell people in Asda to pick their feet up, ffs!

I can't bear it, aaaargh angry

divingoffthebalcony Sat 01-Nov-14 15:35:32

Genuine Ugg boots tend to fit well and don't collapse around the wearer's feet. Cheap knock offs do. I know what you mean though - I couldn't stand not being able to walk properly because my bloody boots don't stay on my feet.

Muskey Sat 01-Nov-14 15:38:18

I knew what you were talking about even before I opened the thread. Dare I say it people especially young women really need to pick their feet up when they are walking.

angeltreats Sat 01-Nov-14 15:43:11

I am currently guilty of this sad in my defence I'm 8 months pregnant and have SPD so I can't walk very well anyway and have to take tiny steps, and I bought some (half decent quality) Ugg type boots from TK Maxx as they're the only things I can get on my feet without having to ask for help. But i can feel and hear myself shuffling and I'm pissing myself off.

NeedABumChangeNotANameChange Sat 01-Nov-14 15:45:40

It's cos they are cheap knock offs that go all saggy. All the real ugg boot wearers go to sainsbos not asda.

londonrach Sat 01-Nov-14 15:48:28

Im afraid even genuine ugg boats look awful as it seems to make most people pronate. Its a pet hate of mine!

WrappedInABlankie Sat 01-Nov-14 15:50:47

I have genuine ugg boots and I shop in asda grin I don't shuffle though most probably because I have the zip up weather proof ones so they don't slip on and off and I pick my feet up

saintsandpoets Sat 01-Nov-14 15:51:39

People still wear UGG boots? Is it 2008?

HouseOfGingerbread Sat 01-Nov-14 22:01:18

A few years ago, someone from another department at work popped his head round my office door to ask if his students could use our staff kitchen to get hot water.

Why yes, I said "but can you tell them to pick their feet up when they come down the corridor, the noise of their shuffling Ugg boots drives me insane."

Sadly, the students in question were stood quietly behind him, out of my sight. Bit embarrassing.

Clawdy Sat 01-Nov-14 22:49:57

i love my Uggs so much I don't care how fashionable they are,it's like going out in my slippers, but never thought they shuffled? And what does pronate mean??

WitchWay Sat 01-Nov-14 22:53:58

pronate means turn your toes in

Clawdy Sat 01-Nov-14 22:57:30

WitchWay thanks, you learn something every day.....thlsmile

MegBusset Sat 01-Nov-14 22:57:44

Urgh yes when you see people walking in Uggs and their feet are so turned in that they are practically walking on the sides of their boots, it makes me wince!

Aeroflotgirl Sat 01-Nov-14 23:00:44

The Ugg company do some really lovely leather healed boots, and I have some water proof sheepskin lined ones, it's not just limited to those slipper things.

Aeroflotgirl Sat 01-Nov-14 23:01:47

Meg, genuine Uggs don't do that to your feet, only cheapos should I say.

Notso Sat 01-Nov-14 23:02:35

I have genuine Uggs, they are strictly used indoors as slippers and I shuffle. DH tells me off all the time, if I saw myself I'd probably be annoyed.

Lucyccfc Sat 01-Nov-14 23:02:48

Clawdy- it's like going out in your slippers because that's what Uggs are.

londonrach Sat 01-Nov-14 23:03:03

Sorry yes pronate means the inside of your feet roll in when you walking. the ugg has limited side support. Did see a patient yesterday who gave herself a nasty strain following a ugg boot accident. Guess my job.

squoosh Sat 01-Nov-14 23:22:19

Flip flop wearers do this too. Drives me mental.

Death to all shufflers.

echt Sat 01-Nov-14 23:22:20

Uggs are for indoors only. Or picking up the newspaper from the nature strip. At this point dressing gown and jimjams are permissible, too. grin

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 01-Nov-14 23:26:26

Never saw the point of Uggs. Never wore them. Never owned them.

But then I prefer bare foot indoors anyway, and outdoors I like to have pretty ankles, not fat hairy ones.

wobblyweebles Sat 01-Nov-14 23:33:27

Uggs are quite handy if it's -15c outside and there's loads of dry powdery snow and you've got to get in and out of the car many times.

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 01-Nov-14 23:53:00

For sure! So why are they sold in England then?

wobblyweebles Sat 01-Nov-14 23:54:39

No idea :-)

SistersOfPercy Sat 01-Nov-14 23:56:25

Never understood the fascination with what other people choose to wear. So what if it's not considered 'in', so what if you don't like it.
People wear what they like and what they feel comfortable in, I don't dress in a morning to please some random person in Tesco,I dress in what makes me feel happy and confident in my own skin and to hell what anyone else thinks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now