Talk

Advanced search

To take photos of this litter lout?

(11 Posts)
LillyHammer Sat 01-Nov-14 14:19:29

I'm sitting in my flat and there's a car parked outside. The driver looks like a respectable 40 year old business man type. He's dressed well.
I firstly noticed him chuck a paper cup out the window and over to the other side of the car and I've now seen him blow his nose on a piece of kitchen roll and throw it out the side of the window.

I've got his number plate, should I pass my photos on to the police? I can't stand people behaving like this.

VileStatistyx Sat 01-Nov-14 15:23:11

You could but I doubt they'd do anything, tbh. you'd probably be in more trouble for photographing him than he would be for littering grin

I suppose you could go down to him with a small bin or carrier bag for his rubbish. Depends how PA you feel like being grin

It really annoys me when people litter. There is just no need for it. People in cars is particularly baffling. They are in a great big BOX. Why not just keep their litter in it until they get home. confused

it just shows a total lack of consideration, imo. selfish selfish selfish.

jellybelly701 Sat 01-Nov-14 15:26:15

I really don't think the police will be interested in a man throwing a tissue out of the window. Obviously I'm not condoning it, littering is wrong. But it isn't a police matter IMO.

JamNanBoo Sat 01-Nov-14 15:57:21

OP you could try this little vid

But failing that ^, if you haven't got the right fancy leather outfit or speedy wheels maybe pass on the Littering Fucker's photos to your local newspaper's FB or website.

theposterformallyknownas Sat 01-Nov-14 16:02:05

Its illegal to take photos of people so you may get into more trouble than him.
Police are too busy getting money for their annual piss up, so you'll find them on motorway slip roads atm.

WorraLiberty Sat 01-Nov-14 16:06:55

Since when has taking photos of people been illegal? confused

WorraLiberty Sat 01-Nov-14 16:07:46

I have to say I'm impressed that you managed to get your phone out and click at the exact time he threw the tissue out grin

SirChenjin Sat 01-Nov-14 16:11:43

It's not illegal to take photos of people - not at all.

Unless you've got photos of the actual moment he threw the litter then I'm not sure the Police would pursue this. I sympathise though OP - people who litter are utter scumbags, and should be put to work cleaning up the rubbish from our streets and lanes.

AgentProvocateur Sat 01-Nov-14 16:17:45

"illegal to take photos of people" - utter bollocks. Stop posting shite statements as fact. You can take photos of whoever you want, including children, and as long as you don't use them for commercial purposes - ie advertising - you can do what you want with them.

SirChenjin Sat 01-Nov-14 16:21:17

More info on taking photos of people https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q717.htm

Catsarebastards Sat 01-Nov-14 16:23:44

I wouldnt send it to the police. Perhaps your local council though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now