Talk

Advanced search

To feel self conscious

(13 Posts)
mallardgreen Sat 01-Nov-14 12:29:55

In a difficult situation.

Come into a cafe to get warm and have something to eat. The lady behind the counter KEEPS asking if I'm ok hmm (I'm fine.)

Is it really SO odd to have a cup of tea and sandwich alone?

Floggingmolly Sat 01-Nov-14 12:32:39

Do you look upset?

mallardgreen Sat 01-Nov-14 12:32:54

No!

EmberElftree Sat 01-Nov-14 12:34:50

Ask her why she's asking! Did you order a peculiar choice of sandwich or have your skirt tucked into your knickers?

MrsMarcJacobs Sat 01-Nov-14 12:35:51

isn't it her job to do so?

SaucyJackOLantern Sat 01-Nov-14 12:36:27

Are you covered in fake blood from last night?

Stupidhead Sat 01-Nov-14 12:38:04

Oh god, she's probably been reading all the same shit chick lit books I have recently. You have to tell her that your fiancé ran off with your best friend, she'll then close the shop for you and then ask if you'd like to take it over while she spends 6 months travelling. You then fall in love (but hate at first) some unbelievably handsome doctor/web billionaire/Rock star who you'll hate at first because he's so rude about your homemade soup/Rock buns. You'll then realise he is the one for you but only after ex fiancé begs you to come back and Mr unbelievably handsome thinks you and ex are an item. But that should be cleared up before your frappe lattes are done.

Then you'll leave the city and buy the tea shop and live happily ever after.

The end.

Floggingmolly Sat 01-Nov-14 12:38:37

Stupid grin

Coumarin Sat 01-Nov-14 13:23:38

Stupid

<applauds> grin

I'd buy it blush

Stupidhead Sun 02-Nov-14 10:05:21

Well thank you! I'd buy it too then hate myself and only read it when everyone was asleep.

Sorry op, haven't helped much!

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Sun 02-Nov-14 10:09:15

Maybe she's projecting.

Ask her if she's okay.

cricketpitch Sun 02-Nov-14 10:11:43

So, Stupidhead - when is published? wink

No OP - just smile and enjoy with your coffee. Cafe owner just doing her job - I think it is quite nice to know that there are cafes where people are human and care - even if a bit misguided.

ThirdPoliceman Sun 02-Nov-14 10:56:47

Why not stifle a sob and say you can't bear to talk about it....?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now