Talk

Advanced search

to wish I could have another dd so I could call her

(7 Posts)
textingdisaster Sat 01-Nov-14 08:47:12

Olga?

Watched Alex Polizzi's Secret Italy last night and her mother, Olga, was on it. I just think it's a beautiful name and wish we had given it to one of our 2 dds blush (though I do like their names and they couldn't be anything else now!).

Are there any names which you wish you had chosen?

calculatorsatdawn Sat 01-Nov-14 08:53:11

Neither DP nor I are massively keen on having kids but if we got drunk and the condom broke we ever did I would insist on calling a boy Jarvis. Jarvis Cocker is a total hero. Also the name is brilliant.

halfdrunkcoffee Sat 01-Nov-14 10:02:18

Olga makes me think of the stories about the guinea pig Olga da Polga.

If I had had another boy after DS would have called him Joshua.

textingdisaster Sat 01-Nov-14 10:29:12

Oh yes I had forgotten about Olga da Polga! That possibly changes things a bit grin.

Jarvis and Joshua both nice names! My son also has a name beginning with a J, it's a nice sound!

OraProNobis Sat 01-Nov-14 10:34:34

Joshua is nice but so so prevalent now. I'm not sure about Olga - has a hard sound to it IMO.

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Sat 01-Nov-14 10:38:00

I love Vada, but felt I couldn't use it because of the obvious Star wars crap.

I also liked Elsbeth with Elsa or Elsie for short, but Frozen shat on that a bit.

AlpacaLypse Sat 01-Nov-14 10:54:59

I always feel sorry for people who come up with a nice name which then gets Disney'd or similar six months later. Or even worse - there must have been little Damian's mums and dads way back who were freely cursing The Omen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now