Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to bring the pumpkin in, lock the door and dig into the box of heroes?

(17 Posts)
Sarsaparillajones Fri 31-Oct-14 20:56:48

So we've been handing out sweets all night, it's quieting down now and I can see there's not a whole lot of chocs left in the tin......... AIBU to shut the door, bring in the pumpkin, switch the light off and finish off the tin of heroes?

some of them are creme egg twisted and the rest are fudge, that's a free bye yes?

Brassrubbing Fri 31-Oct-14 20:59:11

I've chosen the nobler and less calorific option of leaving the bowl with a sign saying 'Don't ring, baby asleep. Help yourself to sweets', but feel free to ignore me.

plantsitter Fri 31-Oct-14 20:59:25

I am just straining my jaw to open my drumstick-lolly-filled mouth to say, 'nope'.

Thehedgehogsong Fri 31-Oct-14 20:59:30

Definitely YaNBU, munch away!

Winterbells Fri 31-Oct-14 20:59:47

Yanbu!

HappyHalloween4 Fri 31-Oct-14 21:00:26

I've now settled down for the night with loads of chocolate smile

Minikievs Fri 31-Oct-14 21:02:45

Ha ha ha plantsitter that made me giggle! My DS doesn't like jelly sweeties (weirdo) so all the Haribo etc that he got was swapped for maltesers etc that we had left. Am a very happy (jelly filled) mummy now!

heartisaspade Fri 31-Oct-14 21:23:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sarsaparillajones Fri 31-Oct-14 21:29:41

Hmm have been eating the haribo on and off all evening ....... It's the creme egg / caramel I'm keen to keep to myself now.

duckbilled Fri 31-Oct-14 21:52:04

I have brought in the decs and eaten the sweets.... thlgrin

R4roger Fri 31-Oct-14 21:54:54

i have discovered a long forgotten taste for jelly babies grin

and anyway, the candle has gone out in the pumpkin, plus it is far too late now.

I'm well jealous, all our bloody sweets have gone (we had loads of visitors this year!), all DH and I have left is a jelly eyeball, a couple of moams (just eaten the cherry ones), and a drumstick. Would it be wrong to raid DSs haul from the neighbors and snaffle his Milky Way?!:-D

BlinkAndMiss Fri 31-Oct-14 22:44:15

I think you were generous lasting out until that time of night. I gave ours until 8.30pm 8pm before I declared the end of answering the door and claimed the tub of Celebrations for myself.

MissPenelopeLumawoo2 Fri 31-Oct-14 22:46:04

Well we are obviously a Nellie-no-mates family because I bought a shed-load of chocolate and we had not a single TorT-er. My DC sat waiting hopefully for loads of children to open the door to, but they have gone to bed disappointed. sad Anyone want any leftover chocolate???

Honeezreturnofthelivingdead Fri 31-Oct-14 22:58:37

We had 3 visits! Iv been stuffing refresher chews, drumstick lollies and parma violets all night grin
There are more fireworks round here than trick or treaters, hmm and its been 20°
The worlds gone mad!!

Philoslothy Fri 31-Oct-14 23:00:40

We have just said goodbye to our last Halloween party guests, I only vomited three times during the whole party. I am about to tuck into the well deserved left overs.

Philoslothy Fri 31-Oct-14 23:01:16

We have entertained about 60 children - am shattered

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now