Talk

Advanced search

To be getting sick of my inlaws? It's Friday night for fuck sake- there spoiling my wine!!

(19 Posts)
Thrholidaysarecoming Fri 31-Oct-14 20:00:57

Warring (is that even a word) FIL and mil. Using my home as a battle ground. (Well mil picking fights and FIL defending him self)

So I ask "can you please stop arguing? It's not fair" said in a very nice tone. Mil responds with "were NOT" hostility radiating from her. I get up and start clearing plates. She stand ups says to dp " oh I'm always the bad one arnt I dp!" Puts her shoes on and storms out, slamming door behind her.

BIL then turns up,was due at eight, clearly upset. Was supposed to be talkng about the family business but started attackng dp and FIL about complete non issues. We were supposed to be having a meal. He left and stomped out too. It was very clear that mil had been round and told him about what had happened and wound him up. Her car is outside his house. BIL is not like this. I seen him this morning and he was great.

No one has appreciated my pumpkin carvings. They have totally spoiled my happy Friday vibe. Although I'm sure this wine with soften the edges grin

LilyPotter Fri 31-Oct-14 20:06:04

So, you said, "please stop arguing" to both of them, and she "heard" 'mil, you're an argumentative old bat and it's all your fault?'

YANBU.

LiviaDruscillaAugusta Fri 31-Oct-14 20:08:57

That sounds shit! Save yourself the bother of washing up and just stick a straw in the wine bottle!

Thrholidaysarecoming Fri 31-Oct-14 20:14:16

lilly she is. Most hostile person I know. I was in the kitchen shitting myself as I'd said something. It's not the done thing you know.

livia I keep fending off the voices in my head that are chanting " down in one, down in one...." wink

squoosh Fri 31-Oct-14 20:16:17

Halloween is the perfect night to commit murder. All that fake blood around, no one would bat an eyelid.

That's all.

OiGiveItBack Fri 31-Oct-14 20:36:59

YANBU, they sound even worse than my parents. I constantly have to tell them to speak 'nicely' to each other and that I have no desire to listen to them squabbling. They are lovely people just not to each other.

I think it might be revenge for them having to put up with me and my siblings. which is fair enough

OP, I think you should retire to your bedroom with the wine, a straw and the pumpkin.

Are they all involved in a buisness together confused. My Dad and my siblings all ran a buisness together for many years. I refused to get involved. It didn't end well sad.

Charlesroi Fri 31-Oct-14 21:06:34

I'm afraid my response to her flounce would have been "don't let the door hit your arse on the way out". But then you and DP would probably have had a row, so not an improvement.

You could always open another bottle?

Crinkle77 Fri 31-Oct-14 21:33:16

Just take big glug of wine and I am sure you will soon start to feel better.

Thrholidaysarecoming Fri 31-Oct-14 21:35:10

oi BIL is a silent partner and has never reacted like this. Maybe he should get of his arse and get more involved with the donkey work! FIL, dp and BIL are all (apparently) partners.

squoosh I know - random screams would go unnoticed too!

charle I had to leave the room as the temp raised about 15 degrees after my input, I mean how dare I object to petty squabbles !

The argument was about a dgc bed. A dgc who is 20 years old and won't pay for his own bed and mil is demanding FIL pays half with her for it. Dgc works and has £900 in bank but doesn't want to 'waste' it....

AgentZigzag Fri 31-Oct-14 21:36:02

Yeah, what Lily said.

MIL is now sat at home contacting whoever she can get hold of to spread her story of woe grin

It was her choice to flounce off, fuck her, you've got every right to ask them to stop sniping at each other if they're including you by doing it in your house.

I've been around warring couples, and if they've got to the point where they have so little respect for each other that they're playing out their petty wars in front of whoever's around, I'm not up for spectating (or having to constantly fend off getting drawn in as a 'referee')

Thrholidaysarecoming Fri 31-Oct-14 21:36:06

There is no other bottle sad

Thumbscrewswitch Fri 31-Oct-14 21:38:14

Send DP out for more?

Thrholidaysarecoming Fri 31-Oct-14 21:39:39

Oh god agent of course she will be. I'm waiting for the ambiguous P.A comments on facebook later grin

On a serious note dd2 who is 17 months was climbing on me and she does that if people are laughing loud, arguing or anxious. It's not on. I might get those big gladiator sticks and kick them out in garden.

Thrholidaysarecoming Fri 31-Oct-14 21:41:59

thumb I've twenty mins till bargin booze shuts. Can I really get hammered on a Friday?

ILovePud Fri 31-Oct-14 21:46:25

You poor thing that sounds rubbish, enjoy your wine and if I were you I'd be raiding the trick or treat stash.

Thrholidaysarecoming Fri 31-Oct-14 21:55:44

Trick or treat stash well and truly gone! I'm ok now FIL has gone and I'm getting my feet rubbed. Roll on Christmas......

AgentZigzag Fri 31-Oct-14 21:55:50

'I'm waiting for the ambiguous P.A comments on facebook later'

You'll have to dredge up some fake concern to ask if they're OK/whether you can do anything to help/repeatedly ask who they're talking about grin

If she's like this with you she'll be like this with everyone, they'll know it's her and not you.

Thrholidaysarecoming Fri 31-Oct-14 22:06:07

agent oh I do ask! But to be fair she has the cheek of ten arses and out right ignores me. grin

Thumbscrewswitch Fri 31-Oct-14 22:55:33

Can't you out-PA her?
In answer to your question, it would have been "yes" but I got sidetracked by a Very Long Thread, and a 2yo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now