Talk

Advanced search

To love Halloween?

(97 Posts)
usualsuspect333 Fri 31-Oct-14 16:51:23

I love the trick or treaters and the dressing up.

<lights pumpkin>

ditavonteesed Fri 31-Oct-14 16:52:40

Not even a little bit, I love halloween, trick or treating then giving random kids sweets, then beer and slasher movies, whats not to love?

usualsuspect333 Fri 31-Oct-14 16:53:54

I don't even have little kids any more and I still love it.

ditavonteesed Fri 31-Oct-14 16:56:05

I loved it long before I had kids, we were in america pre halloween one year before we had kids and we bought so many decorations it was ace. The halloween decs do stay up all year though.

LoathsomeDrab Fri 31-Oct-14 16:56:56

I don't get involved with the trick or treating etc. (no kids and I'm a curmudgeon) but I love Halloween purely because there's always something good on at the cinema grin

Tonight: double bill of Alien and Aliens.
Sunday: Suspiria with Goblin performing the soundtrack live

Heaven!

usualsuspect333 Fri 31-Oct-14 17:01:49

Sounds cool, Loath. thlgrin

ooooh it's dark enough to put my pumpkin outside.

Hatespiders Fri 31-Oct-14 17:19:57

Absolutely adore it, OP. Have just this minute had 2 dear little witches at the door. (My pumpkin is lit too!)
I always praise their super costumes and offer treats, then wave to parents hovering on the pavement (all known to us as we live in a small village)
We look forward to Hallowe'en every Autumn. YANBU!

usualsuspect333 Fri 31-Oct-14 17:26:15

Just had Dracula and Frankenstein at the door. thlgrin

ArkhamOffett Fri 31-Oct-14 17:26:58

YANBU.

Pumpkin lit, bag of sweets hung on front door in case we don't hear the knock.

GoodArvo Fri 31-Oct-14 17:29:41

YANBU. My kids and I love it. It's nice to see a non-miserable thread about Halloween.

lunar1 Fri 31-Oct-14 17:31:09

I love it too!

squoosh Fri 31-Oct-14 17:31:10

YANBU.

I love it too. It's fun, it's spooky, the little kids look cute, the not so little kid I saw on the train this morning, on his way to work dressed as Dracula looked brilliant.

I love the creativity that it unleashes in some people. There are many people out there who have missed their calling in the costume and special effects department of Hollywood studios.

SunbathingCat Fri 31-Oct-14 17:31:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ArabellaTarantella Fri 31-Oct-14 17:33:31

Oooh, how lovely to have a NICE Halloween thread for a change. My electric candles are out on the doorstep, the door is decorated and the ghost is in residence. How to scare the hell out of the little buggers thlgrin

usualsuspect333 Fri 31-Oct-14 17:34:30

I saw a teenager walking through town with brilliant facepaint on, like his face had been upzipped.

ditavonteesed Fri 31-Oct-14 17:37:10

I couldnt be bothered with dressing up just feeling a bit rough

Hatespiders Fri 31-Oct-14 18:04:06

Our door is going like a fair. all ages, even teenagers. Lots of the children said, "Happy Hallowe'en!" One little girl (she's about 4) said informatively, "I'm a witch you see. A witch. And I'm called...er...Mummy, what am I called?" ('Kitty' apparently)
No street lights here, so completely dark except for all the pumpkins down the street and mums'/dads' torches. Very exciting!
What's not to like? Warms the heart, it really does.

Hatespiders Fri 31-Oct-14 18:10:31

Haha! Another load. I said, "You all look excellent!" and one young lad replied, "But we're meant to look scary. We're meant to frighten you a LOT!"
(Darth Vader, but took his helmet off so hard to guess what he was)
I assured him he was totally terrifying. Dad grinned.

QisforQcumber Fri 31-Oct-14 18:14:46

Just had a lovely little batman jump out in front of all the "scary" trick or treaters shouting "il save you madam". grin I love a bit of showmanship.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 31-Oct-14 18:16:23

It's lovely here, all tiny kids with parents waiting at the gate prompting them to say Happy Halloween.

In the last house, not particularly nice - mostly teens wanting cash

steff13 Fri 31-Oct-14 18:20:32

No unreasonable at all. It's my husband's birthday and our wedding anniversary. We had trick or treating last night in our town. Here is our yard and my daughter dressed as "Batman Girl."

usualsuspect333 Fri 31-Oct-14 18:23:19

I love your garden, and Batman girl is very cute.

Sidge Fri 31-Oct-14 18:28:00

I like it too.

Very family friendly round our way, we only knock at decorated houses and loads of people make an effort. All "Happy Halloween" and little witches and skeletons.

This is my DD1 thlgrin

ProfYaffle Fri 31-Oct-14 18:28:10

We love it too, have transformed our front garden into a graveyard and have loads of pumpkins/tea lights but we've only had 2 lots of trick or treaters! Most disappointing .....

JennyOnTheBlocks Fri 31-Oct-14 18:28:51

i love Halloween, unfortunately DD is frightened of people in scary masks knocking on the door sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now