Talk

Advanced search

Why do we need family?

(9 Posts)
FoxgloveFairy Thu 30-Oct-14 23:44:55

Family nonsense. However. My sister's daughter is turning 21. My sister and brother in law have arranged a rather nice and expensive cocktail party for her. So far, lovely.My bro and sister in law are however considering not going as it is a non child friendly event. It's a cocktail party. Bro and SIL are miffed at the exclusion of children. Refusing to attend at the moment. Not like my brother at all, but that is a different subject. If my Mum caves in and babysits, therefore missing the party, will be angry. Love my SIL! But I Think this is unreasonable. Am I right?

LaurieFairyCake Thu 30-Oct-14 23:48:11

Sounds a nightmare

But you only have to watch The walking Dead to know why you need family grin

FoxgloveFairy Thu 30-Oct-14 23:49:42

Heh, hehn!

TheRealMaryMillington Thu 30-Oct-14 23:52:02

Your SIL is being an absolute noddy

Can you propose that as it is a lovely family occasion they - for a mere couple of hours - pay a babysitter and get over themselves?

DevaDiva Thu 30-Oct-14 23:53:21

Well SIL misses out then. Sounds like a lovely idea and really not many 21 year olds want children at their party. Your mum should NOT be the one babysitting, tell them to book a sitter.

BackforGood Fri 31-Oct-14 00:01:38

Your Bro and SiL AreBU

If your Mum is even thinking of missing her granddaughter's 21st to babysit, then she IsBU

Your Sis and BiL are being very reasonable in their invitation / party idea.

Can't quite work out the question you are asking about BU from your title or OP though.

FoxgloveFairy Fri 31-Oct-14 00:02:34

My feelings 100% ladies. Just don't like my lil' sis' upset, but also really like SIL.

FoxgloveFairy Fri 31-Oct-14 00:11:43

My feelings 100% ladies. Just don't like my lil' sis' upset, but also really like SIL. My sister is absolutely right as far as I'm concerned. Hey, a broken clock is right twice a day!Have to say., my parents ( late 70's) have sil's kids four afternoons a week and weekends as needed. Getting a bit much for Dad (78, knackered back). Is SIL taking the piss? Mum loves it, Dad hates it, really.

FoxgloveFairy Fri 31-Oct-14 00:27:17

Paid babysitter time,without telling my Mum I think! Who is exactly the type to miss out for the kids. Irish Catholic. It should be a registerable disability really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now