Talk

Advanced search

To ask someone please chat with me?

(50 Posts)
Margaritte Thu 30-Oct-14 19:21:42

That's it really. I'm very lonely today sad I have pnd and this afternoon is not a good day for me.
I'm sitting here crying, DC haven't had their dinner yet (normally eat at 7pm) Its half done on the kitchen side. DH is at work and my eldest DC is at his dads for dinner.
I need to pull it together as I have a lady dropping ironing round (need the money)
I called DH, though he is busy & cant talk sad

So as pathetic as it is, I am asking please MN talk to me.

VirtualPointyHat Thu 30-Oct-14 19:24:19

I'm here.

Wouldn't worry too much about a late dinner.

I'm very impressed you are doing the ironing, I don't get round to doing my own!

How old are your DC?

Tamzin125 Thu 30-Oct-14 19:25:07

Didn't want to read and run. I don't think it's pathetic at all to need to talk. Actually I think quite the opposite. Far too many people sit and suffer in silence with mental illness, well done you for reaching out smile I don't have specific experience of pnd but I do have extensive experience of depression and anxiety over the years and know how hard it can be.

Sending safe hugs and i should be about for a while if you want to chat - currently procrastinating instead of tidying / doing the work I've brought home and needs to be done before Monday.

LilyTheSavage Thu 30-Oct-14 19:25:11

Hi Margaritte.
I'm sorry you're feeling so rubbish. How old are your DC? Could you give them some beans on toast and just get them into bed? It won't hurt them to miss bath time for one night. Then you could settle down to your ironing in front of the tv.

Hope somebody a bit more helpful than me comes along soon. wine

Tamzin125 Thu 30-Oct-14 19:26:35

lily's suggestion is good. Definitely recommend beans on toast (or similar) followed by getting DC's to bed ASAP, don't worry about the bath for tonight, they won't smell just from missing one night.

Thumbcat Thu 30-Oct-14 19:27:06

Hi OP. Sorry to hear that you're suffering. Are you getting help for your PND? Can you get the kids fed on something quick to do and get them off to bed? I found having a baby so lonely, used to cry when DH went to work at the thought of the long empty day ahead. Keep reminding yourself that it does get better.

stravagante Thu 30-Oct-14 19:27:49

Just wanted to say that I am thinking of you. Xx

LuisSuarezFangs Thu 30-Oct-14 19:27:50

Hey, I'm here too.

What have you made the DC? Do you have to do the ironing tonight?

brew and a (((hug)))

Hatespiders Thu 30-Oct-14 19:27:51

Oh you poor thing, I'm so sorry you're feeling so low. I hope your doc is addressing the pnd? How old are your dc? Perhaps you can just finish getting their dinner and eat a little something yourself.
You're very noble doing ironing for money. I loathe it! And it's tiring too standing at an ironing board.
I'm sure others will be along very soon to talk.
Here's a big non-Mumsnet hug from me meanwhile xxx

askyfullofstars Thu 30-Oct-14 19:29:06

I'll talk to you.
Ive been in your place, its not pathetic at all.
Second beans on toast and a missed bath. Here have some brew

Pancakeflipper Thu 30-Oct-14 19:33:58

Toast is an ok dinner (as is bread and jam) for the times you just cannot make it with an apple for pud.

I like the idea of ironing and TV watching.

Another unMN'y hug coming your way.

Tomorrow go and get emergency ready meals to stick in the freezer so you when it feels immense and crappy you can bung on the oven and feed the masses with little effort.

I hope you are ok and getting support. It will get better, it is just utter shit whilst it's going on.

Margaritte Thu 30-Oct-14 19:37:10

Thank you for all the replies. Yes, I am seeing someone once a week on Monday for my PND. I asked for advice on here a while ago now, and MN prompted me to get help.

My DC are 5yrs and 18mnths. My eldest is at secondary school, though at his dads for dinner tonight.

I was cooking lamb wraps ( Save with Jamie book) As we went to my MIL for the day Tuesday & she cooked lamb then let me take the leftovers home. I have been doing oven food until tonight, but did the wraps as they looked easy enough and I need to start to cook properly again. Perhaps tonight was a bad night to start. sad

Anyway, they are now in the oven, so hopefully shouldn't be too long.

I think I'm just very bad tonight & I can fell the awful headache I get when its getting worse

Vivacia Thu 30-Oct-14 19:37:48

Remember you can always give The Samaritans a call. You're never on your own, and you're never without someone to just listen. 08457 90 90 90.

BlinkAndMiss Thu 30-Oct-14 19:40:49

Hi Margaritte, I'm here too smile.

Not pathetic at all, logging onto Mumsnet is my daily lifesaver.

Definitely wack some beans on toast in, miss the bath tonight and do something that makes you feel good. Ironing is actually one of the things I do for 'therapy', there's something satisfying about it but you might not feel the same.

Do you have access to any funny films or tv shows you could put on whilst you're ironing? It might help to block everything from your mind for a few hours before you go to bed.

elvislives2012 Thu 30-Oct-14 19:41:44

Hi. Sorry you're struggling.
I can chat smile
I took my DDs swimming today for the first time. It was manic as they are 3 months and 2 years. Completely different!
I've come home to my mums house as I was so knackered and now I have gin! Hope you're ok xxx

FurryDogMother Thu 30-Oct-14 19:47:21

Hello from me too - I have neither kids nor PND, but I do get very lonely at times and just want someone to chat to - about nothing in particular, just another human - so I understand, a bit smile I've just cooked kedgeree for the husband (am in Ireland, 'the husband' is not derogatory, it's just what I call him), but can't face eating any myself as I seem to have lost my appetite today (almost unheard of!). Am burbling about inconsequential stuff, 'cos sometimes it's just good to make contact.

Am in awe of you taking in ironing, 'cos I don't even iron for us let alone anyone else! I'm not even sure where our iron is!

Curiouslygrumpycola Thu 30-Oct-14 19:48:18

Another one here to listen. The lamb wraps sound lovely.

I have a three year old and a one year old and always find this time of the day hardest. All your energy levels are slumping when you need a final boost to get the little ones to bed!

Thumbcat Thu 30-Oct-14 19:48:41

I have a MIL who sends me home with the leftovers (whether I want them or not). I love lamb. Will you be having some or do you eat later with DH?

Curiouslygrumpycola Thu 30-Oct-14 19:49:35

Now I fancy a gin, Elvis.

ocelot41 Thu 30-Oct-14 19:50:49

I am here too. PND is miserable. I am so sorry.brewcake

Tamzin125 Thu 30-Oct-14 19:53:51

Just wrote a reply and then my phone messed up and I lost it :/

I'm glad you're seeing some about the pnd, sometimes having someone just to listen can be a lifesaver.

Seriously well done on the cooking. Lamb wraps sound lovely smile I know I couldn't have managed it in my lowest periods. Hopefully they won't take too much longer though I'm sure DC5 won't mind having a late tea. Know DSS who's 4 loves having a late tea as it means he's probably going to end up staying up slightly later than usual.

I've actually posted recently on here about mental health issues, though I name changed as I'm still not wholly comfortable talking about it all. It was fantastic though and really helped me get through a really rough patch.

Keep chatting and I hope your headache doesn't get any worse! Having a headache with two young children in the house is rotten!

LuisSuarezFangs Thu 30-Oct-14 19:57:17

Oooo lamb wraps, delicious. Are you having them too?

Furry, Tamzin et al thanks to you

Tamzin125 Thu 30-Oct-14 19:57:24

Haha furry love your comment about the ironing. We're the same here. We never iron ours or DSS's clothes unless for things like job interviews / weddings etc. My friends MIL once came over whilst I was there. She commented how my friends DS (then probably around 2) couldn't possibly go out without ironed clothes and where on earth was the iron - we both looked at each other, both of us with non ironed clothes, with a look of what the heck is this woman chatting about lol.

Well done to you Margaritte if you can do other people's ironing as well as your own!

elvislives2012 Thu 30-Oct-14 19:57:42

Now on the red wine wine
Love coming home to my mums! It's so hard having young children. Do u have any family nearby OP?

Dragonfly71 Thu 30-Oct-14 20:03:55

Half made dinner in my kitchen too! I am having a bottle of beer and trying to summon up the energy to finish it. ( dinner not the beersmile)
Have a huge ironing pile and the house looks a state. People coming for Halloween drinks tomorrow and they are going to think I am a right lazy ....
It sounds like you are doing really well. Look after yourself and cut corners wherever possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now