Talk

Advanced search

To ask if your toddlers are upset by fireworks?

(8 Posts)
BedPig2013 Thu 30-Oct-14 09:05:33

I'm going to take dd 20 months to a bonfire on Saturday evening, the bonfire is lit at 5 and the fireworks display is at 7, I'm undecided whether to try and stay to watch the fireworks or not and just wondered what other people's experiences are and whether their toddlers were frightened?

BedPig2013 Thu 30-Oct-14 09:07:03

I should add that we do have a great view of the fireworks from home if we decide not to stay

JuniperTisane Thu 30-Oct-14 09:10:07

DS2 hates it at 22 months but then he has had a burst ear drum and his hearing is sensitive at the best of times.

DS1 wasn't keen until last year really when he was 3. He was happy enough to watch it with ear defenders on and this year he's really looking forward to it so I'm taking him and leaving DS2 at home with Daddy.

I would say stay for the start at the back and see how he gets on. Be prepared to leave.

teacher54321 Thu 30-Oct-14 15:05:25

Ds is 2 1/2 and we had rockets at granny's house yesterday (a home from home with his favourite people in the whole world) and he was inconsolable!! So I would be wary about a great big display-I was planning to take him to one at the weekend but have decided against it!

Thebodynowchillingsothere Thu 30-Oct-14 15:08:44

All of mine hated them so we didn't bother and watched out if the window nice and warm.

Personally I would wait until 3/4 at least.

Guitarghoul Thu 30-Oct-14 15:12:35

Our DCs are 7 and 5 and they have never liked actually going to firework displays. The last few years I have taken them and it ends in tears every time, they like watching them from the window at home but they don't like the bangs. So, we are staying at home this year.

skylark2 Thu 30-Oct-14 15:59:35

I wouldn't even try - he's too little for you to explain what's going to happen. Watch from home in the warm and inside where the noise is muffled a bit.

Ticktockblock Thu 30-Oct-14 16:21:53

Dd2 has always hated the noise but dd1 & dd3 love them. Dd2 wears builder ear muff type things so we can watch them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now