Talk

Advanced search

To think that a jumble sale wouldn't raise enough money to buy a new school roof?

(13 Posts)
Eminybob Wed 29-Oct-14 11:34:25

Or am I overthinking this Peppa Pig episode?

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Wed 29-Oct-14 11:38:50

In my DC school it might go halfway! We routinely raise thousands from the summer fete. The Christmas fair is madly profitable too!

ChillingGrinBloodLover Wed 29-Oct-14 11:41:20

Why don't people post these fake threads in the TV section?

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Wed 29-Oct-14 11:48:31

Well...she wants to know if she's being unreasonable...so why would she?

Nomama Wed 29-Oct-14 13:58:43

You are overthinking it.

A jumble will bring everyone together, think about the roof and get on board with the money raising. So the money raised - which can be more than you'd think - is not always the only point.

VodkaJelly Wed 29-Oct-14 14:30:05

As soon as I read the title I knew it was Peppa Pig. So far they have had a new school roof twice and a new bus! People in Peppa town must be minted and very generous

DaisyFlowerChain Wed 29-Oct-14 14:35:33

Either they are all very rich or they just give whatever is raised to Miss Rabbit who adds the job to her ever growing list grin

millionsofpeaches Wed 29-Oct-14 15:50:12

I've thought this for a long time. I also don't think Mr Bull is a qualified roofer. Either that or Madam Gazelle is embezzling play group funds!

DoJo Wed 29-Oct-14 15:50:14

I thought Daddy Pig managed to raise enough money for a new roof and a bus just with a fun run? They are clearly from a very affluent area considering that balloons and ice creams routinely cost £10.

marcopront Wed 29-Oct-14 17:18:15

Madam Gazelle also is very quick at counting money.

Happy36 Wed 29-Oct-14 18:11:53

Haha! Our school summer fair raised 75,000 €; it´s a big deal. Still don´t think that´s enough for a roof, though...

Happy36 Wed 29-Oct-14 18:12:23

p.s. I need to click out of this thread and stop trying to think up awful jokes about bringing home the bacon.

chariotsofire Thu 30-Oct-14 15:36:47

As far as I can tell daddy pig funded that new school roof almost single handed by buying back his old chair!

More importantly why is Peppa still at preschool?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now