Advanced search

to think wtf is going on here

(32 Posts)
emms1981 Sat 14-Jun-14 09:12:52

A work van and a craine have just turned up in the street, the driver of the van did a half turn in the road, took a chain off my dads drive way, crashed into a wall, a pavement and cracked the drive doing so and is now parked in front of the drive way. I'm wondering what they going to do next

BobTheFly Sat 14-Jun-14 09:13:58

Have you been out to ask?

lettertoherms Sat 14-Jun-14 09:15:14

I'm hoping replace the driveway!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sat 14-Jun-14 09:16:33

Is the driver sober?! Is there a number on the van you can ring to complain.

SquinkiesRule Sat 14-Jun-14 09:16:37

Go out and ask what the heck they think they are doing.

cozietoesie Sat 14-Jun-14 09:19:34

I'd be wondering whether the driver is sober also. Unless he's currently on the phone to his Head Office saying 'Help' and you're contacted shortly, I'd be out taking numbers/plates and probably phoning the police.

MostlyMama Sat 14-Jun-14 09:23:35

Definitely go and ask. What on earth?

emms1981 Sat 14-Jun-14 09:24:26

I've taken number plates but no they have just parked up and carrying on as normal, my dad is 70 and not in good health so he doesn't need any stress sad owners of the house being done up asked yesterday if there was any distruption being caused and until today no.

cozietoesie Sat 14-Jun-14 09:25:36

.....took a chain off my dads drive way, crashed into a wall, a pavement and cracked the drive doing so.....

Call the police.

Helpys Sat 14-Jun-14 09:27:27

Go and take the driver a brew and check he's ok.
Whether he's drunk or just a bad driver he's 100% liable and a little kindness will do no harm.

AnotherSpinningFuckingRainbow Sat 14-Jun-14 09:28:28

Yes, do call the police. It needs to be reported, if they don't report the incident then they can be prosecuted for failure to report an accident (hit and run). They'll need to claim for the damage on their insurance. Police records will help you with the evidence that you need to ensure the right person pays for repairs (i.e. not your Dad).

HSMMaCM Sat 14-Jun-14 09:31:02

And take more pictures as we have had people deny they were even there when we've provided a number plate.

BobTheFly Sat 14-Jun-14 09:31:08

Have you seriously not been out to talk to them? Why the fuck not?

Pancakeflipper Sat 14-Jun-14 09:33:05

You need this reported. Not sure if it's a house wall or a garden wall but there could be structural damage. Take photo's of the chain, drive wall as you will need this for insurance.

strawberryangel Sat 14-Jun-14 09:35:06

Why on earth are you on mumsnet instead of out there trying to sort this out?

Hurr1cane Sat 14-Jun-14 09:37:07

Yup go out, take photos then call local police and report it

KenAdams Sat 14-Jun-14 09:37:19

Go out and talk to them!

Pobblewhohasnotoes Sat 14-Jun-14 09:38:37

Have you not been out there or are you just talking about it on here??

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Sat 14-Jun-14 09:38:57

Someone damaged your property and you're just sitting there?

Morethanalittlebitconfused Sat 14-Jun-14 09:42:24

Get onto 101 and report it. That's criminal damage and possibly drink driving or driving without due care and attention

Bet he's still drunk from last night and if he is needs breathalising asap

cozietoesie Sat 14-Jun-14 09:45:49

The OP hasn't been on the thread for close on 20 minutes so I would hope she's doing something now. I wouldn't be letting a crane loose near my house when 'the boys' might have been having a night out and are still the worse for wear. (The van was bad enough.)

NormaStanleyFletcher Sat 14-Jun-14 10:00:21

Agree with others. Report it on the non emergency number.

emms1981 Sat 14-Jun-14 13:53:28

They didn't drive off they're working in a house over the road, they took the chain off that my dad has across drive way they tried to so a 3 point turn of sorts but banged wall and have made a hole in drive way because its not meant for the wait of a builders wagon. They have promised they will fix wall and drive way. They have been about a few times but this is the first time I've seen them as I'm visiting. I was just shocked at the cheek of it and his driving skills.

minibmw2010 Sat 14-Jun-14 14:04:44

They've promised to fix it - have they left contact details ?? Did you take pictures ??

Chippednailvarnish Sat 14-Jun-14 14:11:18

You need to get their insurance details and report it as a claim asap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now