to ask what things you have been judged for?(162 Posts)
Yes, it's a thread about a thread (thing I can be judged for number 1!) but I feel so bad about my looooong and horrendous list of things I judge that I feel the need to punish myself and see what I have been judged over. Some of the things I posted I even do so judging myself as well as other people doing it for me! Anyone else?
So far, for me, it's:
1) Ugg boots (they're so comfortable )
2) Shop bought cakes (not as nice but such a time saver!)
3) Drinking in pubs and ignoring my kids running around (they're having fun I think!)
4) Driving too fast/too slowly/tailgating/middle lane driving (don't do any of these regularly but have been guilty of them all)
5) Adults who like boybands/Disney (some of the songs are catchy!)
6) Little girls wearing makeup (my children are in competitive dance/gym)
7) saying 'boys will be boys' to justify my stupid sexist opinions
8) Judgey people (never openly but so much privately)
9) Looking in other people's trolleys
10) Food shopping with the whole family (single parent)
11) Not following through with threatened sanctions
12) People who stick with their religion despite its atrocities (I can't turn my belief on and off like a tap)
13) People who are late (not often but it happens)
14) Affected incompetence
15) People who leave their washing on the line overnight
16) People who swear around children
17) People who swear
19) People who use the word kids
20) Drivers who cannot parallel park
21) People who drive a walkable distance without good reason
22) People who make no attempt to breastfeed
23) People who are actively religious
24) Women with two functioning hands who can't change a plug
25) Babies and toddlers being farmed out to nursery
26) People who say scone to rhyme with gone
27) People who don't teach their children to swim
28) People who swear on mumsnet
29) Adults who don't like a whole range of foods and pull faces like children
30) Boarding school (I work in one)
31) teachers who can't spell or use grammar properly (I'm very good at both but I'm not perfect)
32) People who drive to the gym (it is 10 miles away though!)
33) Taking cocaine (not anymore but within my older children's lifetimes)
34) People who don't like Jeremy Kyle or Real Housewives
35) Filthy nailed people (they need cleaning (badly!) every night, I really don't know how it happens)
Phew, I think I've been judged slightly more than I've judged. Feel slightly better!
OMG you have given this a LOT of thought!
I was judged on here a few weeks ago for driving a "clapped out Renault Clio".
Ah well, there's worse crimes.
Leaving washing on the line overnight
Eating a pasty out of a paper bag
having a child under 10 with pierced ears
drinking in a pub while my kids run around
bad spelling and grammar
buying ready meals
shopping in Asda
being a bit fat
having a child over 2 who had a dummy
boasting on FB
My MIL judged us this weekend. Apparently my son's Tourettes is not a neurological condition
like his Paediatrician claims but the result of our bad parenting.
i get judged on number 22 however i have my reasons and i don't care if you don't know what they are MY BREASTS and it is MY CHOICE
and as for number 25 the government has decided we can't look after our own children (too many greggs and fruit shoots perhaps?) we should all be working anyway and would you rather they were left to play alone like that child in america? his mom went to work came home and shock horror her child was dead i would rather farm them out than that
Here I was told I could only tskr my DD to noisy places as she has SN.
IRL I was judged for her being a messy eater and her being a bit noisy. Also not being toilet trained. She has severe autism.Some people suck.
But there are lovely people here too. Don't let the judgers get you down.
Iwasyoungonce - I know I have! Seriously, my nastiness has been on my mind all evening!
I wish I could be one of these people who just don't judge. How do you do it?? Seriously! I understand how you can not show it/act on it as I don't myself but how you can stop the thoughts from coming into your head is beyond me.
Luckily everyone thinks I am one of these people who doesn't judge instead of knowing that I am a secret judger of almost everything under the sun!!
I can think of loads more things I judge myself for that haven't been mentioned on the other thread.
Mine is the biggest MN crime ever. Huge.
My children have TVs in their bedrooms.
Oh yes, my DCs all had TVs in their bedrooms.
I got judged for smiling too much once.. nearly got my head kicked in and everything
Not a MN one but the most bizarre one i've ever come across IRL.
According to MN I do everything wrong.
I occasionally smoke
I let my kids run around in pubs
I've been pissed in front of the kids
I shop in Asda
I wear bootcut jeans
I have a tattoo
I'm a size 16 (crime of the fucking century it appears)
I weaned DS at 4 months using puréed food
I only breast fed one of the kids for 5 weeks
DS has not just a telly in his room but a fucking huge one and an xbox.
I don't limit 'screen time'
We don't sit and eat as a family
I go to McDonalds
There'll be loads more I just can't be arsed to scroll through the thread.
We are scum
Oh and one more very important one.
My children have never had swimming lessons. <awaits onslaught>
1. My background
2. Having family in and out of prison
3. Having too little money
4. Having too much money
5. Having lots of children
6. Riding my horse whilst pregnant
7. My accent
8. My university
9. Having a son with special needs
10. Working away fro home when the children were small
11. Having a new build home
12. Being a bit chavvy
13. Running and using the gym when pregnant
14. Having lots of televisions
15. Having a 4x4
16. Having a leather sofa
17. My children have iPads and mobile phones
18. My children are allowed to choose their own clothes which may be fashionable, rather than dressing like an extra from a period drama
19. My children have TVs in their rooms
20. I have a TV in the bathroom
Ok. Toddlers ate Greggs.
We have MacDonalds sometimes.
I often bung Iceland frozen crap in the microwave.
The children have had fruit shoots.
Babies all started weaning at 3 months.
I have eaten grapes whilst shopping in a supermarket.
Ex DP and I stayed together for a while- for financial reasons!
21 I have Facebook and use it to boast about my children.
22 I spend a lot on handbags
23 I don't spend a lot on Christmas presents
24 I like a clean house and therefore neglect my children
25 I love trashy TV
26 We don't always eat at the table
27 I like my stepson's mother, we go on holiday together .
28 My children do lots of activities
29 I have children at a secondary modern
I get judged all the time when i go out.
I have 5 children (only 2 share a dad people judge but i don't care each was conceived in a relationship.
I have a sn son who "tantrums" and dd1 and ds3 follow suit not long after (neither of them are sn they just are copying ds2 and think its normal.
I'm a single mum on benefits until me and dp find a house together.
I smoke but trying to quit i don't go out and i don't drink and thb its my crutch when i'm stressed.
I have a tattoo and i lip piercing's
Dd1 is 5 and has her ears pierced she loves picking new earrings as a treat.
I'm underweight and people assume i have an eating disorder.
I do sometimes take the kids to McDonald's and they have had a fruit shoot and a greggs.
I have weaned all 3 of my boys at 4 months on purees older 2 was drinking 8ozs of milk every 2 hours and HV said they needed to go on food and ds3 was prem and i was advised same for him.
Only tried to breastfeed ds1 and ds2 but didn't work out and with the other 3 i was on AD's.
And mums at school judge me cause I'm the mum of "that boy" and an obvious goth and they don't approve of my t-shirts or my dresses, i have also been asked not to wear make up to school so i don't scare the children.
I also probably get judged for a lot of other things but i stopped caring a long time ago.
And dp gets judged for being a long haired rocker who doesn't mind pushing his dd in the buggy, with the looks he gets anyone would think he'd nicked her
Reporting a name changing goady poster.
Being a former teacher.
Having a diversity role at work.
Working with addicts and offenders
Ending my marriage
Going on holiday alone
Working with addicts and offenders
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now
Already registered with Mumsnet? Log in to leave your comment or alternatively, sign in with Facebook or Google.
Please login first.