Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be annoyed at only finding middle of the night flights?

(9 Posts)
tripecity Sat 05-Apr-14 08:53:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HowContraryMary Sat 05-Apr-14 09:05:40

A 3 am flight gives you a full day at the resort. If you left at 6am 9am 12 noon etc you would be losing a portion of your holiday.

I really don't understand why everything is such a saga for everyone. Sleep on the plane. It wont wreck a whole week by adjusting your sleep by a couple of hours.

giannna Sat 05-Apr-14 09:06:02

Yanbu! I'm not keen on night flights either. It's never a very relaxing start to a holiday if you're all exhausted.

Are you able to fly from other airports? Could you fly from gatwick and stay in a hotel the night before perhaps? We've found it easier to get daytime flights from gatwick than other airports

DowntonTrout Sat 05-Apr-14 09:12:17

I'm with you OP. We don't do middle of the night flights ever. Although I presume you mean arriving back in the middle of the night as I don't think planes take off between 12am and 5 am? Or is the outbound flight late at night so that you arrive in resort at 3am?

Anyways, I rarely book package holidays anymore, I choose and book my flights and accomodation separately. This often saves money too. Look on somewhere like Travel Republic, where you can select different flights, it will give you all options.

haventgotaclue Sat 05-Apr-14 09:16:22

YANBU

ilovesooty Sat 05-Apr-14 11:28:10

Presumably those flights keep the price of the package down.

I'd second the advice to try Travel Republic. You'll be able to find flights to suit you there though be prepared to pay more. With my last two bookings with them the flights arrive late at night both ways but those were the cheapest options and there were alternatives.

Latara Sat 05-Apr-14 11:29:58

Yes, annoying. Also annoying are package holidays that go for example from Wednesday to Wednesday when you need to sort out Annual Leave for a week.

mrsjay Sat 05-Apr-14 11:36:45

try jet 2 we went with them last easter they do better flights

Nocomet Sat 05-Apr-14 11:51:23

I love middle of the night flights. With careful planning you can get a days extra usable holiday. Although soaking swimming kit does get you close to the weight limit. They are also often cheaper!

The DDs were troupers about late nights, both naturally and through good training. (I've never got the idea you ruin a good visit or day out by insisting on getting home for bath and bed by 7.30. Both would do the occasional 10.30 without batting an eyelid. It's incredibly useful!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now