Talk

Advanced search

To be thinking about another baby?

(7 Posts)
TheABC Fri 04-Apr-14 16:35:21

Backstory: I am 33, with one DS of 9 months. Myself and DH have always envisaged having two children. At the moment, DS is not letting us get much sleep -let alone sex- but I am optimistic that will change as he gets older and more active.

AIBU to want a ttc session with DH by the end of the year? Even if I conceive immediately, DS will be 2 and I will be 34 - I would rather not push it regarding my fertility. Or am I mad to want two young children with that age gap between them?

Tessdurbevilliespoon Fri 04-Apr-14 18:02:07

No of course not, as long as you and your partner are on the same page re another baby. However, my suggestion would be to approach as just having sex and spending time together at first rather than 'trying' at first as your partner might feel a bit like Mr Rent a sperm if it's been a while! Also pressure and sleep deprivation aren't the most helpful factors to get the results you both want.

RedPencilPot Fri 04-Apr-14 18:25:10

Definitely not, may not happen as quickly as you hope.

I'm 34 and trying (with no luck) for dc2 for ages.

Go for it!

quickdowntonson Fri 04-Apr-14 18:26:13

YANBU as long as you both feel the same way. We had 2 DC's in 12 months! It was hard work for the first year or two, but they are very close.
I wouldn't worry too much about fertility at age 33 - I'm 42 and expecting another in July!
Good luck whatever you decide x

TheABC Sat 05-Apr-14 19:20:03

Thanks, everyone. tess, I agree with you about the need for no pressure sex and romance as I still want to enjoy my marriage and give DH a break from the baby whirlwind that is our lives. Let's see what shape we are all in, come December!

TheScience Sat 05-Apr-14 19:22:35

Personally I wouldn't want anything less than a 3 year gap, but it's up to you! Your fertility isn't going to massively decline between 34 and 35, I doubt you have to rush.

Tessdurbevilliespoon Sat 05-Apr-14 20:07:34

Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now