Talk

Advanced search

To not know how long a bump on the head can last?

(3 Posts)
Charlottehines Fri 04-Apr-14 15:26:31

So on Saturday my son ( 3 1/2 ) jumped up to give his dad a hug and went straight into my husbands chin with the top of his head.
He didn't cry, just thought it was quite funny that my husband was in so much pain!
Anyway we then went out for the day and on Sunday morning when I was washing his hair I noticed a bump, a rock hard lump about the size of a 50p on his head.
It's in the hair ( which is curly ) so you can't notice it unless you're actually feeling his scalp for it.
I'm surprised a small knock could cause a bump and although my husband is insisting it is going down everyday, I've felt it so much now that I can't remember how big it was to start with so can't tell if it's going down.
It's not soft like I'd imagine a bump to be although obviously its on the skull not somewhere with fat around it.
It sounds silly but neither one of my children have ever come up with a bump on the head before so don't know if I should be worried about the length of time it's been there.
He's fine in himself and says it doesn't hurt when I prod it which is reassuring in one respect and in the other not so as wonder then why it's not sore!
Can anyone advise?

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Fri 04-Apr-14 15:32:56

I would keep an eye on it, but I think these things generally take about a week to go down. If by this time next week it is still there and no smaller it wouldn't hurt to mention it to a GP/ nurse at the GPs.
It is probably nothing to worry about, and will go in time.

Charlottehines Fri 04-Apr-14 16:52:48

Thankyou
Feel silly as he is his normal self but worried It could be a cyst or something rather than caused by that but sure I would have noticed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now