Talk

Advanced search

I know IABU ..uncontrollable parking RAGE!!

(16 Posts)
MitMopse Fri 04-Apr-14 15:04:40

Posting on here for the first time fully expecting to be told I am ridiculous but hoping for some sympathy nonetheless!

The only parking by my house is in public bays on the main road outside. Frequently when I return from somewhere with my baby Dd and usually shopping/buggy etc all space is gone and I have to park streets away and waddle home back creaking carrying baby and all. Life's tough etc etc

But today, spotted a space right outside (whoop) indicated, then saw the learner just ahead stop and start slowly going in!!! Arghhhh! I kept my indicator on gesticulating like a mad cowbag but to no avail. Car parked and then instructor and student proceeded to sit there and chat. I drove on to park elsewhere, effing and jeffing and (sob) causing baby to cry!

Approaching my front door, car seat in hand, the instructor decided to then move and I shouted 'oh now you move, thanks a fecking lot tsssk' or something along those lines. An angry exchange ensued which I am not proud of and I came into the house in a rage making baby scared (feeling so awful).

The major annoyance is that anyone can legally park there but it makes my life such a ball ache sometimes!

Lots of baby cuddles and lunch later I feel calm. Sigh. Thanks if you bothered to read all this feel free to tell me IABU !! blush

Rosa Fri 04-Apr-14 15:07:18

If you indicated before the learner did then you were in the right !!!

MitMopse Fri 04-Apr-14 15:13:16

If only Rosa she just beat me to it! Grrrr!

sparechange Fri 04-Apr-14 15:16:05

Can you petition the council to make it residents parking?

PeaceEagle Fri 04-Apr-14 15:20:44

You are not ridiculous but if you were raging to such an extent that the baby started to cry then I think you did have a major overreaction. I have been there over small things when I have been very tired or stressed so I am sympathetic but I do think you need to let go of this rage for your own sake.

whomadeyougod Fri 04-Apr-14 15:21:14

can sympathise , it is a piss off when people who dont live there are parked up , makes you want to scratch your car keys down the side of their car or throw paint stripper on it , think you did well just having a rant .

pianodoodle Fri 04-Apr-14 15:22:30

YABU if she was indicating before you but I had a similar frustration with my flat a few years ago so know how you feel!

We couldn't get permits - I think it was because of a few shops across the road. Every other street near us had residents permits making it even harder to find space if we had to go to another street.

If I did get parked outside for the night there was a maximum stay limit from 8am so I had to make sure the car was moved by 9am sad

ExitPursuedByABear Fri 04-Apr-14 15:23:29

Seriously? You would key someone's car who was legally parked on a public road?

Life's a bitch eh?

pianodoodle Fri 04-Apr-14 15:24:17

...slept in one morning and looked out to see traffic warden approaching with camera. By the time I pulled some clothes on and ran down 5 flights of stairs it was too late!

Coffeethrowtrampbitch Fri 04-Apr-14 15:26:59

Imagine how nice it would be to smear dog poo on the drivers' side door handle, and how horrible it would be when they found out.

That's what I thought when one of my neighbours nearly ran me over in an effort to claim the parking space outside my house when I was getting out of a taxi.

I would never do it of course, but it is enormously satisfying to imagine it!

PerhapsNot Fri 04-Apr-14 15:30:04

You have my sympathies but you were being very unreasonable by saying anything to the instructor and you were being even more unreasonable by getting angry.

Fair play though, at least you acknowledge you were unreasonable.

Have a brew and cake and a nice relaxing afternoon smile

WorraLiberty Fri 04-Apr-14 15:30:30

Christ, you made your baby cry with your 'effing and jeffing' and then made her scared because she had to witness the argument with the instructor?

All this from an (I assume) able bodied woman, quite capable of walking, even if you do have a baby and stuff to carry?

I don't think you should be driving.

Lagos Fri 04-Apr-14 15:32:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MitMopse Fri 04-Apr-14 15:33:43

Ahh you fab people I feel great for having a rant and sooo relieved I am not the only one who loses it and imagines doing horrible things to those who have committed wrongs against me! I do absolutely need to let go of my anger it does get the better of me too often. I can't change the situation so no point in getting THAT upset.

BadztMaru Fri 04-Apr-14 15:34:37

I bet you're pretty embarrassed about the whole thing now.... Hope so anyway

LaGuardia Fri 04-Apr-14 16:14:21

I think you should move to a house with a drive. Somewhere like Longleat should fit the bill for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now