Talk

Advanced search

neighbours howling dog.

(10 Posts)
ghostspirit Thu 03-Apr-14 20:31:13

At 6.30 every morning my neighbours dog howling in their garden and wakes us up. it gos on from 6.30 and still going after 8. it makes a howling sound for a few seconds, then stops for about 5 mins then howls again... it gos on like that. i would have thought it would be disturbing other people as well. aibu to complain?

Nataleejah Thu 03-Apr-14 21:00:13

I don't know. One of our dogs is extremely loud. Some people down the street decide to kick or slam doors or have a fight at 2am in the morning, our dog wakes up and wakes everybody up.

NurseyWursey Thu 03-Apr-14 21:02:03

It shouldn't be locked outside for that long, bloody idiots some people.

Nicola19 Thu 03-Apr-14 21:05:21

Not good for you or the dog. Sounds like an unhappy dog wishing for attention. Does he live outside? If you know the neighbours you could mention it to them. If you don't want to do that you could tell the animal officer/ dog warden in your council. They will send a letter saying there has been a complaint and asking neighbours to remedy it. If it goes on, you start logging noise and they could face a fine. Hate dogs being kept outside for long hours/ alone.

Famzilla Thu 03-Apr-14 21:09:14

Do you have any idea why the dog is doing it? (ie is it being shut outside?) I would just knock on the door and tell them it's a nuisance, they may not even realise how loud it is.

Nataleejah Thu 03-Apr-14 21:18:30

I do realise my dog is loud. But its the neighbours who decide to be noisy in the middle of the night.

wheresthelight Thu 03-Apr-14 21:25:16

Yanbu!!! My dog gets let out for a wee at that time but comes straight back in, she does however bark at anything and anyone that walks past but she does get called back in and hushed quickly and as quietly as possible!

Your neighbours are idiots

deakymom Thu 03-Apr-14 21:27:08

same here the dog is yappy yapyapyap all day long if we go into OUR garden he attacks the 6ft fence and yaps some more we complained last year as we couldnt even use our own garden due to the noise he quieted the dog down this year its back again yap yap yap sad

specialsubject Thu 03-Apr-14 21:30:12

yes, complain. This is selfish and anti-social behaviour from the neighbours.

either the dog is being mistreated or it is untrained; probably the former. Either way, they need to change what they are doing.

ghostspirit Thu 03-Apr-14 21:40:54

thanks you. i dont really know them. but i have seen them in passing. it seems to be a recent thing they are doing. the dog seems well cared for looks groomed and fed. i used to see it alot with its owner in a van i think maybe she took it to work so maybe there has been some sort of change. it seems to be a morning thing as i don't hear it any other time. i would have thought that common sence would tell them that its not a good thing to do at that time of the morning. i might contact my council

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now