Talk

Advanced search

One Born Every Minute should have come with a warning (lighthearted) [WARNING: SPOILERS]

(18 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

farewellfigure Thu 03-Apr-14 14:05:07

Sorry if this already has a thread, we only watched the last episode last night. WIBU to sit there crying into my tea? That poor brave woman, going through labour knowing that Conan would have serious health problems. I have rarely seen something so moving. Then we had to endure 20 minutes of not knowing the outcome (heaven knows how they got through the months he was in hospital). The ending had me in floods again. What an amazing family and a lovely story. I hope everything is still going well.

clairealfie Thu 03-Apr-14 14:11:48

I cried and cried and cried, in my defense I'm pregnant so very emotional but between that and Hollyoaks the same night (baby died) I was basically hysterical all evening.

It was a lovely story and I'm so pleased it for the family. I hope he's still going well

ViviPru Thu 03-Apr-14 14:15:33

Should this thread come with a warning? I only saw the first 1/2 hour of the show and still have the rest to watch so don't know the outcome and I have purposefully not read this thread beyond the first line of your OP. Forgive me if you've not divulged what happened, but if you have, maybe get the title edited?

<stuffs fingers in hears la la la can't hear anything>

farewellfigure Thu 03-Apr-14 14:17:32

Oh woops. How would I go about doing that? Sorry ViviPru.

farewellfigure Thu 03-Apr-14 14:19:14

I've just asked Mumsnet to put spoiler in the title.

everygalaxy Thu 03-Apr-14 14:21:24

I'm still recovering from watching the very brave woman go ahead with the c-section when she wasn't numb shock. We are starting to think about about ttc once we are married but I'm terrified - I love OBEM but I haven't watched it since. My pregnant SIL loves it though!

farewellfigure Thu 03-Apr-14 14:34:53

Thanks for the spoiler alert mumsnet!

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 03-Apr-14 14:35:43

Hello there

We've put a spoiler warning in the title now.

DaleyBum Thu 03-Apr-14 14:41:16

I haven't seen the c section one, she could feel everything?! Would she not go into shock?!

everygalaxy Thu 03-Apr-14 15:01:08

Sorry if that was misleading I don't think she could feel everything, it didn't really explain totally but I think it just hadn't worked in places. She had gas and air they kept asking her if she wanted a GA. I used to love watching it but not since I saw that - it takes a LOT of local to numb me for even a minor procedure so that situation is one of my major fears and putting me off ttc sad

Writerwannabe83 Thu 03-Apr-14 15:14:47

I saw that episode 2 days before my ELCS shock It made me absolutely petrified!!!

itsnothingoriginal Thu 03-Apr-14 15:53:01

Sadly birth doesn't come with a warning should things go wrong. Having had an unexpectedly terrible experience with my own baby at birth I wish I'd had one!!

I can't watch the programme myself but glad to hear that there was a good outcome.

GinSoakedMisery Thu 03-Apr-14 15:57:57

It was a very emotional episode. I Think if the outcome had not been as good they would have put a warning at the beginning.

farewellfigure Thu 03-Apr-14 16:12:45

Yes that's true Gin. I kept saying to dh 'They wouldn't be showing it if it was too sad. Would they? WOULD THEY?'.

No you're right. Real life doesn't have a warning. But it was the fact that the woman knew that the outcome could be so awful. That's what got me. She was just so brave.

phantomnamechanger Thu 03-Apr-14 16:19:15

I think its a good thing that this programme shows such a range of experiences. Life is not always perfect and not everyone gets a happy ending.

PickleMobile Thu 03-Apr-14 16:22:21

I don't know if I could have pushed the baby out knowing he would be so much safer inside. It must have been terrifying for them.

OhTheDrama Thu 03-Apr-14 16:29:59

I was in floods of tears, the parents of little Conan were inspirational!

Is it me or is this series more graphic than the others or could it be that this is the first series that I'm actually pregnant for grin.

GreatUncleEddie Thu 03-Apr-14 16:36:03

I just wish they'd turn off the fecking piano music every time the head appears. Ruins it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now