Talk

Advanced search

To want dh to spend more weekend time with dd and I?

(3 Posts)
Nocturne123 Thu 03-Apr-14 12:02:49

Hi everyone . I honestly can't tell if I'm being unreasonable ..

Dh has a very demanding job as it's his own business . He travels to England every week overnight and has to do some form of work most evenings . We have a 10 month old dd who is very clingy at the moment and I'm really struggling to get any housework done at all .

Dh also plays football all day Sunday . Every weekend it seems we have to see his family so that leaves very little time for us as a family .

Would it be unreasonable to ask him to give the football a rest for a while? I know this is his hobby and he loves it and as much as I love dd I'm finding myself feeling quite lonely !

I would just love to be able to do some housework at the weekend and spend some time as a family and it just never happens at the moment .

I am aware a lot of people have much bigger problems than this and I have so much respec for single parents. Maybe I'm just being a whinge??

ILoveWooly Thu 03-Apr-14 12:46:22

Ofcourse YANBU. Could he even alternate weekend of family time/see his family then the next weekend family time/football?

NewNameForSpring Thu 03-Apr-14 12:57:05

Two questions:

1 Why does football take all day? That seems a bit unusual.

2. Why do you have to see his family every weekend? That is too much surely?

Oh and another one, have you asked your H how he feels about spending time with you?

It sounds shit and I feel sorry for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now