Talk

Advanced search

H took DS (age7) to the pub til 9.30pm

(30 Posts)
bullinthesea Thu 03-Apr-14 07:24:00

That's it really, I'm still fuming.
We had a discussion beforehand & I asked him to make sure DS didn't have a late night.
AIBU?

HowContraryMary Thu 03-Apr-14 07:26:47

Personally I don't like children in pubs.
Children and alcohol are just a no-no in my eyes
9.30 is far too late on a school night for a 7yo.

But was it a carvery meal? or just poked in a corner with a book whilst he drank with his mates? Because there is a big difference in those two scenarios too.

Hulababy Thu 03-Apr-14 07:29:00

What type of pub?
What was the reason for the visit?
What did he do there?
Weekend or school night?

JeanSeberg Thu 03-Apr-14 07:30:50

Watching a footy match?

Yes, need more details. What time does DS usually go to bed?

BeverleyMoss Thu 03-Apr-14 07:31:57

Being a school night would be my only problem with this.

TruffleOil Thu 03-Apr-14 07:32:50

Isn't it a school holiday? Did your son drink beer? I don't see the big deal.

Fifyfomum Thu 03-Apr-14 07:33:11

Seriously the kid probably had a great time. You remember experiences like that for a lifetime he is binding with his dad

tripecity Thu 03-Apr-14 07:33:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EmmaGellerGreen Thu 03-Apr-14 07:35:27

Well, it depends on what type of pub, what ds was doing, what was going on around him. If it was a nice meal and he was either engaged in conversation, reading, playing outside in a safe garden, the not a problem. If it was a "drinking pub" and a he was being ignored in an adult environment, then I would not be happy.

bullinthesea Thu 03-Apr-14 07:38:44

It is a carvery pub, but the reason for the visit was to go for a drink with his mate.
DS said that he just sat there playing on the iPad all evening.
I had Pilates last nite, otherwise I'd have looked after DS myself.
He doesn't have school today, but we do have to be up early, as I have work & have to get DS ready to drop off at childminder.

littlewhitebag Thu 03-Apr-14 07:39:06

I would think it depends what they were doing there. Meeting friends, eating, watching football on TV I think would be fair enough but getting shit faced not so good. Is DS not on holiday now?

MikeLitoris Thu 03-Apr-14 07:40:24

I take my DC for a pub meal until at least 9.30 about once a month and have done for years (13 and 10yo) They get up for school the next day without issue.

I assume your H is Ds dad? If so can he not make choices on what time his son needs to be home? I would not appreciate my dp dictating to me what time I had to get my Dc home and in bed. We are both parents.

I assume it for the football last night? Did ds enjoy it?

littlewhitebag Thu 03-Apr-14 07:41:49

I assume this is your DP not an ex? He looked after him so you could go to Pilates then you complain when he take a him out for a little while in the holidays. If he was doing it every week and your DS was suffering then I could see why you would be angry but as a one off I would let it go.

TruffleOil Thu 03-Apr-14 07:43:28

Surely you've been out with a friend and left your son to be amused by an Ipad while you chatted? It's the kind of imperfect thing that most of us do.

bullinthesea Thu 03-Apr-14 07:44:18

Ok, yes H is ds's father.
DS hates football, so it wasn't for ds's benefit whatsoever.
DS normally goes to bed at 7.30pm.
I have enough of a struggle getting him ready in the mornings, never mind if he's had a late night & feeling knackered & grumpy!

Sirzy Thu 03-Apr-14 07:44:33

As a one off thing I really don't see the problem as especially given he isn't at school today.

TruffleOil Thu 03-Apr-14 07:52:57

I wouldn't love dealing with a cranky child the next morning, but that's just life. He's going to have a few late nights. It's most important that he's getting enough sleep overall.

bullinthesea Thu 03-Apr-14 07:53:50

You're probably right, maybe I've overreacted.
It's just that DS won't be able to have a lie in this morning - he has to be up at the usual time, and it's me that has to deal with it!

RedFocus Thu 03-Apr-14 08:02:46

Jeez op I really can't see why you are complaining. Your son has no school and even if he has to be up early he can nap at the childminders. It was a family pub not a rave. And your son was looked after and entertained perfectly safely and well.
My 7 year old was out until 12 at my cousins wedding last week! OMG! Once in a blue moon is perfectly fine op chill out! wink

NigellasDealer Thu 03-Apr-14 08:05:28

i would think a Wetherspoons type pub til 9.30 to be fine.
i doubt if it was a hard drinking boozer even if such places still exist.

Fifyfomum Thu 03-Apr-14 08:06:33

The memories will last longer than the tiredness

bullinthesea Thu 03-Apr-14 08:08:21

Yeh, you're right. I've just apologised to H.

TruffleOil Thu 03-Apr-14 08:11:03

Good on you, bullinthesea. :-)

bullinthesea Thu 03-Apr-14 08:18:20

DS has just told me that he didn't enjoy himself last night, and that he felt lonely.
Not such great memories after all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now