Talk

Advanced search

BrideZilla

(20 Posts)
bridezilla14 Wed 02-Apr-14 22:53:16

Hey Im a guy looking for some help ladies! Here goes…..

Ok so me and the fiancee (ex should i say ) picked my wedding suite 2 weeks ago and paid for the deposit, the reason being is that she wanted to approve before i bought it lol
Now at the weekend she has decided to change her mind and that I should rethink it because the best man has to match, only problem is the best man is built like a toothpick and most suits hang off him. So i replied that Im not changing the suit because I quite like it ( was i wrong?)
So according to, as of today EX, I should be doing whatever she asks because I love her and its her day and all that stuff. Am i being pig headed? Stubborn? All because I like my suit?? I understand that times are stressful but if the only input I get for my wedding is to pick my suit is that a relationship breaker?
Anyone else had a bridezilla to deal with???

EverythingsDozy Wed 02-Apr-14 22:55:20

If you have split up over a wedding suit, you were never made for each other anyway. I would call it an awakening to be honest.

DontCareAboutYourShoes Wed 02-Apr-14 22:55:28

Why are you asking if it's a relationship breaker if it's already dunzo?

Comeatmefam Wed 02-Apr-14 22:56:22

I think you should both be married under a beautiful bridge and live happily ever after xxx

sooperdooper Wed 02-Apr-14 22:57:20

She sounds mental, you're well rid

Famzilla Wed 02-Apr-14 22:59:45

Well as you've split up it's a bit of a non issue really. Don't worry, I heard that Charmaine is going to ask you out in English tomorrow.

AlpacaLypse Wed 02-Apr-14 23:01:34

Most of the private schools have already broken up...

puntasticusername Wed 02-Apr-14 23:02:24

Assuming you're real...

She IBU in that it isn't just her day - it belongs to both of you and yes, you have every right to wear an outfit you like.

You ABU if you don't recognise that your fiancee/ex/whatever is clearly under a lot of stress. Weddings are stressful. Marriages, even more so. If you've really split up over this, I'm not sure you're best suited to spending the rest of your lives together.

Go and give her a cuddle and make up. Go ooooooon wink

bridezilla14 Wed 02-Apr-14 23:02:37

Im just looking for advice to see if I should take this on the chin and apologise or stand by my guns. You see we didn't talk for 3 days because of it, which i believe to be quite normal when you have an argument, but because i didn't talk for 3 days it shows i don't care and to be honest a whole list of things i don't remember

Comeatmefam Wed 02-Apr-14 23:02:38

Your mum's shouting you to turn the laptop off now and GO TO SLEEP

YouTheCat Wed 02-Apr-14 23:03:48

I hear Lozzy123 is after a boyfriend. You'd be well suited.

YouTheCat Wed 02-Apr-14 23:04:32

Also, don't try wearing a suite. They are very, very heavy.

DontCareAboutYourShoes Wed 02-Apr-14 23:05:31

The replies on this thread grin

readyforno2 Wed 02-Apr-14 23:06:58

grin @ youthecat

meditrina Wed 02-Apr-14 23:07:41

You said she's now your ex?

So you can wear the suit whenever you want - her opinions don't come in to your life any more.

Famzilla Wed 02-Apr-14 23:07:50

I remember when all the boys at school borrowed their dad's suits for the disco. They looked so grown up with their cuffs dragging on the floor.

Maybe just stick to your blazer & polo shirt. If it's an old set your mum might let you pick out the emblem.

Comeatmefam Wed 02-Apr-14 23:07:51

Do NOT try to wear the bridge you are lurking beneath either - far too heavy, damp and old fashioned for your wedding day.

Lj8893 Wed 02-Apr-14 23:08:24

Wedding suite?? Is that like the new thing people write a poem for on the invite??

meditrina Wed 02-Apr-14 23:09:36

Maybe he needs to wear a suite because he's well upholstered?

(Unlike best man toothpick)

Forgettable Wed 02-Apr-14 23:48:50

Arf at you lot, pore ole OP being minced for breakfast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now