Talk

Advanced search

If I vacuum her out? (*light hearted*)

(9 Posts)
MrsMopOnTop Wed 02-Apr-14 22:02:59

DC4 was due yesterday. Still no sign! I am achy, I am swollen, My kids won't stop poking my belly and asking if it's cooked yet, My family won't stop ringing at stupid hours to check if I am in hospital (o.O) and my husband keeps joking that she is as stubborn as me - it wasn't funny the first time!! Never gone over due before...did not expect it to happen this time (isn't it supposed to get easier each time! Shouldn't I just be sneezing them out by now?!) ....... Would it be unreasonable if i were to extract her myself?!?!?!?! GET A MOVE ON!! ...... Rant over. Anybody else in the same boat? Have two friends today posting pics on facebook and announcing births and it's myyyyy turn.

Nennypops Wed 02-Apr-14 22:08:42

YANBU. Put your phone onto voicemail with a message saying "NO, I'M NOT IN HOSPITAL, FECK OFF" to keep your family out of the way. Not too sure what you can do about husband and children, short of threatening violence.

PomBearWithAnOFRS Wed 02-Apr-14 22:29:35

Get in a nice bath, hang one leg over the edge, and shout "Swim Towards The Light" loudly. If you have any uneaten in the house, balance a piece of chocolate on your kneecap. This will work, honest grin wink

Disclaimer: I am not a midwife, nor do I play one on the internet...

EverythingsDozy Wed 02-Apr-14 22:30:40

I've heard sticking an eviction notice on your bump can help. Nowt like the threat of being turfed out!!

gamerchick Wed 02-Apr-14 22:31:02

give your cervix a prod.. tis all I did when I'd had enough. Of course if you're not ripe it won't work but if you are then it should.

ICanSeeTheSun Wed 02-Apr-14 22:31:53

i wouldn't turn the hoover on this time of night, could it wait till the morning.

Emilycee Wed 02-Apr-14 22:32:54

Mrsmop I am due my first dc on Friday and the texts have started...

3 of my nct friends had their babies at 38 and 39 weeks and I am getting so impatient!

I feel like a big fat heavy lump and I want to serve and eviction notice!

MrsMopOnTop Wed 02-Apr-14 22:51:10

Horrid isn't it Emily! I normally find newborns really cute and love the Facebook updates - i like to nosy at weights and names lol. But today they've just made me angry haha..

Wigglebummunch Thu 03-Apr-14 00:06:53

Get walking!! I wanted my DD out before my induction on the Tuesday so on the Saturday I took my girls to the park and walked around in a huge triangle for an hour. Really pushed myself and my labour started the next morning. I'm convinced the walking did it as I was 2 weeks till my actual due date. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now